ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93826
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(Your still giving me no choice in the situation. Try it this way, you give me a scene like; You see the majority of buildings in the area are utterly destroyed. Barely anything remains whole. There are spot fires in the area, cars engulfed in flames, smoke billowing out of windows of buildings. You see a few cars that seem to be undamaged. There are also some buildings that seem to have survived unscathed. What do you do? This gives me a mental picture of the area and gives me options, check the cars? Check the houses? Or something else entirely. You don't openly state my options so that I believe I have many options. You have mentioned two very detailed things, the cars and the houses, bringing them to my attention. You are still controlling my character. Look I can help you with this if you want me to.) Also no need to apologize, it's an easy thing to do.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Name: Danwar the unknown
Bioanwar was born an only child,raised in a small remote town in the U.S,
(Specifically,texas.)However,Soon when he was 18,his parents kicked him out of the house with very little education,henceforth making him become a beggar.He was not dumb,however;he had strange exessive knowledge along with an uncanny ability to shapeshift into a creature known as a "dragon".He tries to keep it secret however,Knowing that bad things could happen if he didn't.
He knew very lttle about wwhat happend in between 18 and 26 when he was injured with all the derbis,However...
Looks: Blood red Eyes(with the pupil looking more reptilian than hummanoid),Slightly tanned skin,Small muscles on his arms and legs,
6''5 tall,87 lbs
Powers: Ability to shapeshift into a dragon (And stay that way for up to 3 hours.)
-----
HP: 91/100(slight scrapes from debris) (and -5 points for the unknown object
hitting your head)
-----
Clothing:Tattred shirt, Blue jeans with a hole on the left leg,white socks,Blue sneakers

I grin."Alright then,I'll protect the car."I wave as they go investigate.
(MAN have i posted late!:O)

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Shape-shifting and telekinesis.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt

Room for uno mas? And instead of powers, can I pick training and fitness stuff? Or would that be too complicated?

JesseRyderSWAG
JesseRyderSWAG
1 posts
Peasant

Name: Jesse
Bio: Growing up I always had it all. Money, Cars, Women, you name it, but when the world comes to an end, I lose it all. I must now learn to survive on my own with my parents getting slaughtered early off in the post-apocolypse
Looks: Tan, brown hair
Powers: Ability to read minds, Very high IQ (can craft many survival items needed)
-----
-----
Clothing:

Starting off in my home

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@crazyape

Of course there's room for one more! Sure, whatever, pick whatever, as long as it's only two powers.

@SepticLocket839

Where are you starting off at? Your house? The woods? A farm?

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@JACKinbigletters

First, I will update the other players' characters, then I'll fix yours.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Jesse
Bio: Growing up I always had it all. Money, Cars, Women, you name it, but when the world comes to an end, I lose it all. I must now learn to survive on my own with my parents getting slaughtered early off in the post-apocolypse
Looks: Tan, brown hair
Powers: Ability to read minds, Very high IQ (can craft many survival items needed)
-----
-----
Clothing:

You wake up and smell smoke. Across the street, many houses are burning. There are deserted Humvees, many of which are also burning. (What do you do now?)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Powers: Shape-shifting and telekinesis.
-----
-----

"Hup, hup, let's go, let's go!" You hear the shout of your commanding officer waking you up.

___________________________________________________________________________________

(Specifically,texas.)However,Soon when he was 18,his parents kicked him out of the house with very little education,henceforth making him become a beggar.He was not dumb,however;he had strange exessive knowledge along with an uncanny ability to shapeshift into a creature known as a "dragon".He tries to keep it secret however,Knowing that bad things could happen if he didn't.
He knew very lttle about wwhat happend in between 18 and 26 when he was injured with all the derbis,However...
Looks: Blood red Eyes(with the pupil looking more reptilian than hummanoid),Slightly tanned skin,Small muscles on his arms and legs,
6''5 tall,87 lbs
Powers: Ability to shapeshift into a dragon (And stay that way for up to 3 hours.)
-----
hitting your head)
-----
Clothing:Tattred shirt, Blue jeans with a hole on the left leg,white socks,Blue sneakers

(Sorry to confuse you, @danwar123 , but is it ok if I rewind back to the part where Nivlac finds you? It's because @JACKinbigletters wants me to fix his story.)

You and Nivlac continue to walk towards the city. Suddenly, you see a backpack lying on the road. A gun is lying next to the backpack.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
-----

"Sir!" I jump up and stand at attention, moving my eyes around to assess the situation.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

-----
-----
"Son," The officer begins. "We have been requested by the governor of Nevada to control a situation in the city. People are rioting. Grab your gun."
(Any weapon you like, plus a back up and 100 rounds for each gun, so 200 rounds)

Name: John Steel
Bio: I was a regular high school student. I had a best friend, a crush that most likely never would have happened, and a C+ average. I was average at gym class, and okay at math. The only thing I really exceeded at was my English class. Then all the mayhem started. How in the world did I sleep through it all.
Looks: Medium Hair(Brown), Blue eyes, slightly muscular, little scratches on hands from my childhood.
Powers: Can shoot a small beam of light that will burn things if close enough(Practically touching), and can create a small ball of light to light a passage, but the ball won't move with me.
-----
-----
Clothing: Black t-shirt, Blue jeans, black shoes.
(My bad :P)
You hear the principal on the intercom. "Students, due to an unexpected emergency, classes are dismissed. Go home, now. You and your family will recieve further instructions on what to do from the police."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Bio: I was a regular high school student. I had a best friend, a crush that most likely never would have happened, and a C+ average. I was average at gym class, and okay at math. The only thing I really exceeded at was my English class. Then all the mayhem started. How in the world did I sleep through it all.
Looks: Medium Hair(Brown), Blue eyes, slightly muscular, little scratches on hands from my childhood.
Powers: Can shoot a small beam of light that will burn things if close enough(Practically touching), and can create a small ball of light to light a passage, but the ball won't move with me.
-----
-----

You see Preston. He's the only person left in the parking lot. He appears to be waiting for you. He sees you, and he waves at you.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

-----
-----
Inventory: M4A1 (120 5.56 rounds) Barrett M9 (45 9mm rounds)

"Sir, is there time to get a vest and helmet?" I say, as I turn to get the equipment from the quartermaster.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

6''5 tall,87 lbs
-----
hitting your head)
-----

I look confused at the backpack and gun."Hey,Jack!Look at this!"i say,pointing twoards the items and deciding to search the pack.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Sorry if this took a while.
-----
-----
Inventory: M4A1 (120 5.56 rounds) Barrett M9 (45 9mm rounds)

"Son," he sighs. "What do you think?" The officer then looks at his watch. "We have only five minutes until we board the trucks. Let's go!"

-----
-----

"Yeah, John, I'm ready," Preston says. "To your place, right?"

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack.

(Sorry Jack. Here's the edited,edited version of your scene, just the way you like it!) As you walk on the highway, there are many abandoned cars, some of which are burning.You pass by another car. This car has a full tank of gas and the key is still in the ignition. You pass by that car and keep on walking. After two hours of walking, you finally enter the city. You are shocked by what you see. Dead bodies lie everywhere. Buildings are in ruins, scorched by fire. You step on an object. It is a severed limb. Only one building appears to be untouched. It is an apartment building. It is three stories high. The name of the complex is Whistler's Forest Heights.

6''5 tall,87 lbs
-----
hitting your head)
-----

(Sorry to confuse you even further, Danwar, but I've removed Jack from your story. Nivlac's still there, though.)
As you search through the pack, you find a few cans of food, some ammunition for the gun, and a knife.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Hey everyone! @JACKinbigletters and I are co-hosting the RPG together.
Just letting everyone know.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

-----
-----

Preston drops you off at your house. The front door is open, yet there are no cars in the driveway.

Showing 16-30 of 502