ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93838
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: black hair, scar on his left cheek, 5'11''.
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo)

"Well," I begin. "FORGIVE me for being naive. Are you going to help me or not?"

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife.

As you approach the front door, you see a group of zombies shambling near the door. One of them sees you. It attempts to enter the apartment. Other zombies notice what's happening and also tries to get inside. (Open the sack, you might find something in it; I'll tell you what's inside.)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: M4A1 (90/26 5.56 rounds) Barrett M9 (30/13 9mm rounds)

Four men to a humvee; a sergeant, a corporal, and usually a private and/or an spc in the back. I draw my sidearm, shoot the soldier sitting next to me, the corporal in the passenger's seat, and order the driver to "Pull the **** over." with a gun to his head. As he does that, I move my rifle around and put a bullet into the two soldiers I already shot.
"Six more months, and I would have been home free. God****it, why the **** did they call in an infantry brigade from New York to deal with something in Arizona?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

"Sarcasm won't get you much." He moves his hand again, indicating for you to take it and to get up. "I hope you have some snipers in here because I don't want to be fighting those madmen in here..."

Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife.

I open the bag.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"I have weapons," I say, eyeing him suspiciously. "I have a few long rifles, and I'll show you to them." I lead the man towards a long corridor on the west side of my mansion. It leads to a locked door. I unlock the door and open it. "Here you go," I say to him.

The bag contains a fully loaded, sawed-off shotgun, a box full of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, and matches.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

(What kind of guns you have in there?)

Inventory: S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

Gleefully I pull out the machete and hack the oncoming zombies, not moving waiting till they come to me.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet

The driver begins to panic and starts to fumble with the door, he manages to open it and begins to shout for help, stumbling as he goes and falling out of the hummer.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

A few military-style rifles lie on the shelf to your immediate left. Hunting rifles and shotguns lie to the right. At the rear of the room, there are four big safes, about 5 feet tall. I open all of them. The first safe contains longbows, crossbows, and their corresponding ammunition. The second shelf contains melee weapons. The third shelf has pistols and handgun ammunition. The last shelf contains more ammunition. "Oh, by the way," I ask the man. "What's your name?"

Inventory: S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

Once all of the zombies are put down, you continue out into the street. Out of nowhere, you see the man from the apartment standing in front of you and pointing a gun at your head. Several other men have surrounded you, brandishing weapons. "Heh heh heh," the man chuckles. "I see you've passed my challenge." He pauses and chambers a round in his pistol. "Did you think I would let you get away just like that?" the man asks. (What do you do now?)

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

I get out of my seat and into the driver's and quickly head off road, careful to run over the driver, so they can't figure out who killed who. As I try to run him over, I use my sidearm out the open door to shoot him, firing 4-7 shots, depending on if I hit him.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

-----
-----

As you head out onto the road, you see some soldiers chasing you. One of them fires his gun at your car. It hits the rear tires, causing you to lose control of the Humvee. (Reload both of your guns. You might need the bullets.)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

This is crazyape on my new account. My old one was messing up. If you want proof I'll switch back and repost.

-----
-----
Inventory: M4A1 (90/26 5.56 rounds) Barrett M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

I try to regain control of the humvee. If I crash, I use the time it takes the soldiers to get to me to collect weapons and ammo from the corpses. If I regain control, I drive back to the town, while collecting ammo from the corpse in the passenger's seat.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"The name is Maximus, or just Max." He smiles as he grabs two military grade rifles and a shotgun, taking ammunition for each gun. "I'd say stay on the second floor and kill 'em from afar."

"Challenge?" I ask as I hold my ground.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

This is crazyape confirming that @Jagatai_Khan is my new account. In case that was an issue.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo)

"Good point," I say to Max. " I get another rifle and sling it over my back. "I'll join you," I say to him. (Max is my partner, right?)

"Oh, yes, a challenge." the man says. "Those zombies back there? I sent them to you." He chuckles again. "But this time, my challenge is harder. I don't think you can escape from this challenge, at least not alive. "

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo)
Partner: Max

(Yup, could you wright in what rifles he took, two of your choosing, and also a shot-gun. It's your stash so you get to decide.)

He heads upstairs and moves to the room on the right of the stairs, "If you go to the other side then we will have a greater cone of vision." He says before he moves into the room.

As I continue to move back toward the house, as I do I pull out the glass bottle and the matches. "Know what this is?"

Showing 76-90 of 502