ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93830
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

@apldeap123 @JACKinbigletters

I already posted.... No response?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: M4A1 (90/26 5.56 rounds) Barrett M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

I try to regain control of the humvee. If I crash, I use the time it takes the soldiers to get to me to collect weapons and ammo from the corpses. If I regain control, I drive back to the town, while collecting ammo from the corpse in the passenger's seat.

You regain control but with the two blown out tires your speed has been severely reduced. You are going just above running speed but, not sprinting. Noticing the loss of speed the soldiers pull their thumb out and start sprinting. Two of them are pulling ahead, faster then the others. They are about 50m away now. You then hear the plink, plink, plink of bullets hitting your door.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet

I realize that with all their equipment on, they can only sprint for about 50m. I decide to try to outlast them. In the event that they get within 5 meters, I pull out my sidearm and shoot at their legs. Nobody more has to die today.

What weapons do the passengers have?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

(Standard stuff. Same as you.)

Putting your foot down you speed up for a second before you hear an explosive popping sound. The rubber from the back wheels have ripped right off the rims. Now it's just the rims spinning and sending off sparks behind you. If you turn around you can see the soldiers catching up to you. The glass on the right of the hummer shatters inward as the men fire more accurately. Looking around you see a small vehicle depot 65 meters away. There isn't much cover between you and the depot though, a few trees a sand bank and a small closed shed. (In the order from you to the shed it's sand bank, shed, trees.)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

As far as I know a standard fire team for the U.S. Army consists of a Team Leader (sgt. or corporal) with an m16 or m4,
Rifleman with same equipment,
grenadier with same basic weapons but with m320 grenade launcher attached,
and automatic rifleman (m249 SAW)

The Team Leader usually sits in the passenger's seat of the Humvee, so I'm probably just a rifleman.

If it's too complex to go by all the rules and stuff I'm cool with that.

I grab as much of their ammunition and weaponry as I can, and lay down suppressive fire as I make my way to the sand bank.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

ame: Jagatai Khan
-----
-----

As far as I know a standard fire team for the U.S. Army consists of a Team Leader (sgt. or corporal) with an m16 or m4,
Rifleman with same equipment,
grenadier with same basic weapons but with m320 grenade launcher attached,
and automatic rifleman (m249 SAW)
(I was thinking something like this but this makes it more real so we'll go for that.)

(So you grab all three guns, one being a LMG? Plus ammo? Lugging that around will make you an easy target.)

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

@Jagatai_Khan
@JACKinbigletters

Sorry if I got a little lazy in my posting. I got busy.

***********************************************************************************************

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: black hair, scar on his left cheek, 5'11''.
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo)
Partner: Max
Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (190/10 .308 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Mossberg 500 (100/5 12 ga. shotgun shells)

(Yup, could you wright in what rifles he took, two of your choosing, and also a shot-gun. It's your stash so you get to decide.)

I go to the room on the other end of the hallway. I decide to use my Remington as my primary and my AR as my backup. I hear Max shout, "They're here!"

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

"But do you know what this is?" the man replies, pointing to his pistol. The man puts his pistol back in his holster and takes off a shotgun from over his back. He chambers a round in his shotgun. "There's no way you're getting out of this one, boy," he smirks.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Max's Inventory: M1 Garand (190/10 .308 ammo), Remington 700 (200/5 .308 ammo), Mossberg 500 (100/5 12 ga. shotgun shells)

Up the drive you see three heavily modified pickups. The windows have been replaced with what seems to be plate iron. Little slits seem to be the only way to see in and out of the vehicles. They are bulked up too. The tires are far too big to have been on the standard models. You notice the last one has a domed turret on the back. They are quickly coming toward you and you can hear something blaring from the truck, it sounds like... Take On Me... You see sparks flying off the side of the first pickup. Small pockmarks are the only thing left behind. They don't seem to penetrating the iron.

Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife, sawed-off shotgun, box of shotgun shells, a machete, a thermos filled with water, a glass bottle filled with gasoline, matches.

I stow the bottle and the matches, "I tried to be reasonable. I'll give you to the count of five to leave me. One." I crouch down, "Two." I lay my hands on the ground. "Three." I start feeling the earth below me, feeling my way toward the ground under the men in front of me. "Four." I focus my powers and send a spike of stone hurtling into the leader and then the men beside him. Before the stone pierces the ground I say, "Five."

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Inventory: m249 (200/100 5.56 rounds) M4A1 (grenade launcher (180/30 5.56 rounds) Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

Just the m249. and switch out my m4 for one with a grenade launcher, plus a few extra clips. m249 is 17 pds by itself, plus 5 pounds per drum (three drums) an m4 weighs about 6 pounds, plus 1.5 pounds per 30-round mag (estimate) 7 mags, an m9 weighs just over 40 ounces loaded. In all, that's about 50 pounds. With my vest and helmet, it goes up to 80. That's still 70 pounds lighter than the standard infantryman carries in a combat situation. Plus my powers include endurance training. I think I'm good. xD

When I reach the sand bank, I use short bursts from my SAW to keep the soldiers down, and move as quickly as I can to the vehicle depot, keeping an eye out for any guards.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
Inventory: m249 (200/100 5.56 rounds) M4A1 (grenade launcher (180/30 5.56 rounds) Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

(That works for me.)

Before you can make it to the trees you see the ground ahead of you explode, a grenade strips the bark off of one tree and uproots another. Looking around you see the shed door is swinging open and shut. The concrete blocks are pockmarked with bullet indents. From the depot you see three men with rifles, two M-16's and an AUG from what you can see, crouching down and start unloading their mags toward you.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----
Inventory: m249 (200/63 5.56 rounds) M4A1 (grenade launcher (180/30 5.56 rounds) Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

At this point I realize there is little to no chance I can take down two opposing forces at once, no matter how skilled I am. I attempt an epic bluff.

I run towards the three gunners yelling, "Cover me! They went crazy at the town and killed my whole squad when we were helping the local police force!"

While I yell, I try to stay in as much cover as possible while I run towards the guards.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
Inventory: m249 (200/63 5.56 rounds) M4A1 (grenade launcher (180/30 5.56 rounds) Beretta M9 (30/8 9mm rounds)

The pause firing for a few seconds. Two of them look to the man with the AUG. He looks confused for a second, not wanting to kill a comrade he calls out, "What's your name and rank?"

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Corporal Jagatai Khan, 174th Infantry! Someone must have slipped the word about what we were there for! Only certain officers and team leaders were supposed to know! We had to pull out of town because of mass desertions. I was lucky to be in the back seat when they started spraying my HUMVEE, the two guys in the front were killed. My buddy and I tried to get away but we lost control when they shot the back tires, he covered my escape."

As I get close I put my gun down and put my hands up in a show of peace.

"I shouldn't be telling you this, but it's my only choice. They're dropping bombs on the city to clear out an infection. The whole town has gone crazy. Kill anything that's not infected. We've got to get out of here if we want to survive."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

You see his face go pale, "In-in-infection? What kind of infection!" He shouts, it doesn't sound like a question. He's panicking. The two men beside him are starting to fidget with their guns and shift nervously. The one on the right tilts his head. "Sir. I can hear someone a-hollering from over toward the town." The middle one waits a moment and reaches for his radio, "Lets check with command, something must be getting thou-" The one on the left cuts in, "I think we should believe him. If he's right then we need to get out of here ASAP." He begins to get up and lowers his gun. "Come on Sir, check with command while we go." There is another pause, the shouts from behind you are growing louder and louder. "Alright. Grant your behind Mr. Khan, all we know he could be infected too. Come on then!" He says as he tunes into the radio while running to the depot. The man on the left runs with him. Grant indicates for you to grab your gun and follow the other two. Seeing inside the depot you can see two humvee's, one with a mounted 50. cal. The other seems to have slightly thicker armor. There is also a M1 Abrams that is missing a tread. You can hear the middle man shouting down the radio about an "infection".

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

As you pick yourself off the ground, you see the bodies of the man and his entourage impaled by the stones. (Do you take the men's weapons or leave them there?)

"D**n it!" I say. Angry, I run to the other side of the hallway, There, I see Max,
his gun aimed at the window. "There's something you didn't tell me," I say to him, prodding his head with the barrel of my gun.

Showing 91-105 of 502