ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 94045
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Lance Valentino
Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
Looks: Close shaved haircut, Afghanis-tanned skin, 6'1, 180 pounds, well-toned
Powers: Soul control, shapeshifting.
-----
XP: 1/10
HP: 64/100
-----
Clothing: Green underwear.[(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit
Inventory: Steyr Scout 10/50, Steyr ACR 24/100, Hogue Avenger 7/70]
Partner: Sabena/Sab, Pancor Jackhammer 10/60, 1911's x2 7/70, LSW 30/300

That's not going to be happening any time soon, sir. You hear your butlers refined voice say. Throwing off the towel you see Sabena siting beside you in a chair. She's back to her regular self. Sir you are already on the maximum dose of painkillers. Looking around you see the floor and wall are blackened and charred, the floorboards are like charcoal and the wall is burnt through, only a patch of floor survived, it looks like the shape of a human in the fetal position. You notice the towel is bloodied. Your guards are at the door standing impassively and you hear a gun click beside you. It's Sabena with her Pancor Jackhammer. It's slung across her shoulder and is resting on her lap. "Why did you try to open the gate?" She asks, her voice concealing the hatred that is burning deep inside her. "Tell me!" She shouts, the guards move a little chaining their stance but do nothing.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

Bio: Lance is a security contractor for Academi, trained in weapons and tactics. He served two tours in the middle east; the first in Iraq and the second in Afghanistan. He came back, became a contractor, and continued in that field until he won the lottery. With that money he invested in the stock market, did some impersonations, made some powerful suggestions, and got rich. He retired to a small castle in Romania, where he tinkers with robots and collects weapons and ammunition, occasionally descending to the village below to grocery shop.
-----
-----
Clothing: Green underwear.[(all matte black) Dainese Manis Armored Jacket, Dainese Manis Back protector, Dainese hybrid neck brace, Dainese Kit J E1 knee guards, sarkar WRC900g gloves, sarkar ATLAS shin guards, sarkar ATV (advanced tactical vest), PREDATOR FAST G4 ballistic mask, Rabintex ACH-1 Ballistic Helmet, sarkar Nomex assault jumpsuit

I stare at the butler, then at the guards, then at Sabena. "You can suck my ****ing **** through a glory hole, slimy streetwalker. Guards, kill her. If I can survive a shotgun slug, so can you. Go!" I say, gingerly rising from the bed. GOD. Superpowers everywhere. I bet that crazy ***** burnt my cute little village.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

You are held down at the feet and arms by your guards. "Now you've angered me." Sab says. She rises and sets the shotgun against your right knee and pulls the trigger. Blinding pain shoots up your spine and your vision goes black for a second. She rests the barrel onto your other knee. "How did you know about The Gate?"

(Survived a shotgun slug? When did That happen to your character? Besides now that is.)

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
HP: 51/100
-----

You are held down at the feet and arms by your guards. "Now you've angered me." Sab says. She rises and sets the shotgun against your right knee and pulls the trigger. Blinding pain shoots up your spine and your vision goes black for a second. She rests the barrel onto your other knee. "How did you know about The Gate?"

(Survived a shotgun slug? When did That happen to your character? Besides now that is.)

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

Time to lie my **** off.

"Fool! You are not the only one of your kind! Your race was bred to fight for the Hecatoncheires. I am the last of my kind to have escaped Tartarus. Many of your kind were turned against us, as you have. But we Hecatoncheires are not so easily killed! I've clawed my way out of Tartarus, and a single thrall isn't going to stop me."

I rip matter from her and the guards to morph myself into something that can take bullets. Ooh! This:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120323052950/warriorsofmyth/images/3/3c/PZO1120-Titan_Hecatonchires_Hecatoncheir_Hecatonchire_Hekatonkheires_Hekatonkheir_Centemani_Hundred_Handed_Greek_Mythology_Myth_Monster-1-.jpg

"Behold my true form: Hekatonkheir, the Arbiter! You will kneel or die!"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
HP: 49/100
-----

You attempt to pull the matter from around you and it seems to work for a moment, but then you feel a chill spread through your body. Your using energy your body doesn't have available to it so it's improvising, taking heat from your blood. (That would have been a Fantastic scene to play out, shame you are only level 1...) You fall back onto the bed your limbs deathly chilled, icy to the touch. You try to move but you can't, your body won't move.

"It took me years to shut that gate and you just ram it open, not a thought nor a care. You cannot have everything, you cannot get everything that you desire you selfish B******. Jeeves, get him some thermal blankets. He's dying." She says without moving the gun.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
HP: 49/100
-----

"I pity humans. Oblivious of their own power. Prometheus saw the rightful gods for what they were, and swore his allegiance to them. For this he was punisher by the Precursors. But one by one the old gods fell to mankind, long after Prometheus died. But the last act of Zeus was to blind mankind to their own power. Gaia looks down on her heirs and weeps for the waste. And here you are, complaining about being a keeper of the Rift to Hades, where the last of the Titans rest. You are one of the few thralls left. And you are churlish enough to be blind to the gift your father gave you. I grow weary of your foolish tears. Free me, that I may unlock the gate and free my brethren from the ****ation Zeus and his brothers cast them in to. I grow weak from years locked away in this forest, cursed to be trapped. But Hades is the last remaining old god. I can break the spell if I go to his fortress and defeat him there. The last seal will be broken, and mankind will once more know their power. And with the Titans at their backs, the stars will be theirs! We are lords of Man. We will unite them. But it took far too long to lure you here for me to waste this opportunity."

I cough, and shed matter to create energy, morphing into a small child.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
HP: 36/100
-----

She pulls the trigger as you finish your monologue. The pain forces you back to your normal shape. Jeeves enters with a thermal blanket and throws it over you. Sabena rests the barrel to your crotch. "I have no idea how you are still conscious. You can read minds and shape-shift and you can lie. What do you know about The gate?" She asks without emotion.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"I told you the truth, thrall. Your kind were created as a weappn that can only be used by a Heketonchire. Only we can unleash the power your kind is born with." I lay back, and try to get some sleep.
"I am the Arbiter. I fought my way out of Tartarus. I am not so easily defeated. I need rest to restore my power."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"Jeeves get whatever yo consider a doctor in here." She says before burying her elbow into your face knocking you out.

You wake up sometime in the middle of the night, looking around you see the glint of your guards eyes, four sets of optics. It's pitch black and you can't see anything else. You can't feel your feet nor your hands due to the chill but your legs and arms have full feeling, something you wish they hadn't due to your now lack of knees. You hear the door open and warm light fills the room, a figure enters the room. A moment later you feel a warm hand on your forehead and then you hear a grunt of an indiscriminate nature. Trying to raise your hands and legs you find they are bound, incapacitating you. Before you can call out you feel something nudging against your head... No... More nudging against your psyche. It feels like someone knocking on a stone wall looking for a hollow section. Suddenly it stops and you feel a second warmth, but not a physical one, a mental warmth. Then like two computers joined together you start receiving bulk information. You recoil at first from the shear volume of new information that your mind has to process. Your unsure but you think you are sending information too. You begin to see images, a castle on a grassy plain with a forest to one side and a lake on the other. Time seems to speed by as you see new additions to the castle being built in seconds, a new tower here, a whole new wall extension there. Day and night pass quickly. The lake rises and lowers in volume and the forest sprawls toward the castle until it's hacked back. You see a woman with golden hair leading a person in a travel cloak by the hand toward the gate and you notice that time seems to slow, coming back to real time. It's night and there is a full moon, you can feel a thumping pulse from the earth. The woman turns and runs for the gate. Then you hear it, the sound of a full legion of warriors marching on the town.

Time flashes forward a bit and suddenly you see a battering ram at the gate, smashing against the wooden gate with a steal rams head. Men are cheering from the legion while what seem like priests shout, beg and plead from the walls for them to stop. You hear it, the splintering of wood, the creaking of hundred year old wood cracking. The priests have fallen silent in there pleading and look to the gate, mouths agape in shock. One man throws himself from the wall, others kneel and pray, others again began to chant in an un-hearable and un-comprehendable language. The gate falls and the men pour in.

Time flits forward again and you see the priests hung from the walls, nooses around their necks while tied to the battlements, they gently sway in the breeze. You can see that the entire castle is aflame. Men drag supplies, gold and women out of the broken gate and whoop at the fire. Laughing and cheering are clearly audible from inside the walls. Suddenly silence falls over the castle, the men in the surrounding fields are too drunk and merry to notice the silence. Then a piercing scream echos outward from the center of the castle, it is racked and filled with emotion and base primal anger and a need for death. The men outside are startled into their own fearful silence but as their silence begins the other ends with the shouting and screaming of men sprinting out of the castle in any way they can. You see a number of men jump from the walls, chancing a date with the dirt, or just preferring to choose their own death. Men and women are trampled as they all begin running in a stamped away from the castle. They are like fearful cattle at this stage. Eventually you see the source of their fear, a person a lone person exiting the castle. They are wrapped in ethereal fire and lightning. Sheaths of fire escape across the plain, cremating all those that are touched by it's flame. Lightning forks from the sky decimating all. Eventually the fire and lightning stop and another silence fills the plain. The ground is scorched so nothing will grow again, the lake was boiled and is now just a crater and the forest is merely gone. The person strides back to the castle and collapses to the ground. Moving over you see the person is wearing a traveling cloak that covers all. They get up after a moment and look at the castle. They raise their hands and the stone move, changing shape. Everything falls into place and then the gate is rebuilt, you recognize it. It's the gate from- Before you think of the connecting the stream is cut and the image fades to dark. You realize that your body is covered in a sheen of sweat. The chill has spread back to your knees and elbows and you go under again.

You wake again, this time in light. It filters through the blinds lazily. The four guards are still in your room, their engines humming away to themselves. The chill is gone and it dawns on you, so is the pain. Looking down you see that your knees are fully healed, as if nothing happened, you see a tube coming from your arm and you follow it with your eyes and it leads to a bag of clear fluid, there is writing on the bag... Morphine... Looking to your left there is a sleeping man with a book on his face sleeping. He is wearing a lab coat that is marked by spills and old stains. He's wearing brown pants and nice leather shoes.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"And so fall the Titans." I whisper.
"You're not much of a doctor for humans. Guessing by what's gone from that bag, if I wasn't a Precursor I'd be deader than that thrall will be." I say to him.
I try to absorb as much matter as I can, without changing forms, simply increasing my mass.
"Bring me the thrall, doctor. I trust none of my guards remain loyal."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

The man snorts awake and the book falls. He sits up and looks quite ragged. As you absorb matter, it takes a little longer then usual and you find it more difficult to hold the matter around your knees. "I have no idea what your talking about-" he says getting up to check the morphine bag, "-but the people that have taking in as muck morphine as you have rarely do. Do you remember your name?" He asks looking at you as he fiddles with his coat.

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

I look at him, tilting my head, staring at him.

"I.... I remember nothing.... There is a voice...."

"Samyaza? Where is he?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----

"Mmmmmh, I don't recognize that name... How about Lance? Lance Valentino?" He asks writing this down as you speak on a notepad that appeared out of his coat. "Do you know where you are?"

Jagatai_Khan
Jagatai_Khan
312 posts
Nomad

-----
-----

"Poor Tantalus, locked away down there those many years."

I look down at my body.

"Where's my armor? I must be ready for the Titans' return!"

Showing 271-285 of 502