ForumsForum GamesThe Day: A Survival RPG

502 93835
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

This is my first attempt at an RPG, so please stay with me.

You wake up. Everywhere, debris is falling around you. Fires are raging. Dead bodies are laying everywhere on the ground. You pick yourself off the ground and begin to walk with no apparent destination in mind, with two goals in your head: To find out what happened, and to survive.

Here are the rules to this game:

I. No trolling.
I will report you to the nearest mod ASAP.

II. Be fair to the other players.
This pertains to Rule I.

III. Don't kill other player's characters.
Just don't, and if you do, I will kick you out of this RPG

IV. .Don't take it too seriously if your character gets killed.
Remember, this is only a game. If another player kills off your character, well, that's a different matter. Please tell me, and I will deal with the issue promptly.

Character sheet:
(I borrowed this from @R2D21999 's RPG, Single Minded 2: The Son)

Name: (anything you want)
GenderMale or Female)
BioYour character's story)(It will also help me think of stories) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)(You can choose to have amnesia, as seeing as you woke up in a disaster scene, but you can also tell your story of what happened leading up to the event.)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
Powers: (Maximum of 2 powers(Depending on what you choose))
-----
Level: 1
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing:
Inventory: N/A
Partner: N/A

You can choose where you wish to start off, either at your house, or somewhere else. But when you pick your starting point, remember that this is a survival/post-apocalyptic RPG.

If you have any questions please ask and hopefully I didn't forget anything.(I probably did)

• 502 Replies
apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Allan Lindo
Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

Looks: black hair, scar on his left cheek, 5'11''.
Powers: Enhanced intelligence, ability to work with both hands (ambidextrous)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing: Khaki pants, plaid button-up shirt, work boots.
Inventory: AR15, (300/30 5.56 ammo)

You feel the cold steel and plastic in your hand, the grooves fit snugly into your hands. It takes a moment to load up on all the extra clips, during this time you hear the door creek as it moves slightly in the breeze. After loading up you head over to the door, looking outside you see nothing out of the ordinary. No cars, no damage to the grass or external fittings nothing. The lock is also undamaged. Far off in the house you hear the crash of china.

(Where in my house is this now?) Following the noise, I quietly run to the noise with my gun in hand.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Sean Deane
Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Powers: Control of the elements (Avatar style.) Control time.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife.

I turn around. "Sounds good to me. You notice you have the living dead in your house?"

Bio: Allan was born in the suburbs of Manila, Philippines to a poor family. When he was 12, his family emigrated to America. Allan was very intelligent, repairing almost everything; cars, computers, even the local power plant. At the age of 22, he founded his own electronics firm, and soon became a multimillionaire. Concerned about the possibility of a man-made disaster, Allan fortified his mansion, constructed a state-of-the-art bomb shelter, and collected supplies and weapons. He calls his mansion "Fort Knox." He sold his company and resides in Fort Knox, waiting for the apocalypse to come, be it a zombie outbreak or nuclear war.

(All you can tell is it's deep inside the house.) As you move into your house you find the broken china, it was on old flower pot. Dirt and ceramic shards cover the ground. The door opposite the room swings shut as you enter.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Name: Jagatai Khan
Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
Looks: Cropped, dull platinum hair, olive skin, light brown eyes, 6'1", 190 pds
Powers: Weapons proficiency training, endurance training.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet
Inventory: M4A1 (88/30 5.56 rounds) Barrett M9 (30/15 9mm rounds)

I glance at the havoc and broken police line, and load up into the truck. I ask a private next to me "Do you know what's going on?"

KillaX77
KillaX77
10 posts
Shepherd

Namean
Bioan, despite his name, is a nerd that is bullied extensively...But this bullying has turned him into an unusual being, able to crush skulls, unlike his other allies and enemies.
Clothing:Stained button shirt, 2 black shoes-one with a hole,ripped gloves,nerd glasses,a science kit-on his back.
Looks:Blonde hair,light skin, 5ft. 11in. in height.
Powers:When abused will become extremely powerful with brute force.
------
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Inventory:Science kit
Partner:0/2

KillaX77
KillaX77
10 posts
Shepherd

Name:Shard
Bio:Shard was a miner when a ton of crystals fell on him. 7 years later, he got back up and noticed that he had a different body with crystals all over and could summon them out from the ground at will. With his newfound power, he decided to go back up to the humans, but when they tried to kill him, he noticed he was no longer one of them...Now he tries to survive, knowing that the humans are hostile to him...
Looks:Crystals on back, and crystal plating on chest, arms with crystals on them. 4ft. 2in. Height (Due to hunched back)
Powers:Crystal summoning,crystal shriek,high jump height.
------
HP:97/100 (Due to an attack)
-----
Clothing:Miner's helmet.
Inventory:Broken pistol,pickaxe,shovel.
Partner:N/A

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Bio: Sean seemed like a normal boy, going to school, playing games, making friends. The things a normal boy of 6 would do, but he wasn't normal. Mid-way into his seventh year on this earth he noticed things... happening around him. Small things at first, whatever room he went to heated up notably, whenever he was in the rain he would be either completely drowned wet or utterly dry, whenever he went climbing with his parents he never needed to carry extra oxygen no matter the altitude and it was said that once he managed to move boulders off of a local farmer when he became trapped. There were things he noticed, people seemed to repeat themselves perfectly, people stopping mid sentence and acting like statues, other times things seemed to skip forward or speed up. As he grew older these happenings became more frequent and drastic. At the age of 11 he left home and headed deep into the local mountains so that he wouldn't hurt anyone while he learned to control his powers. Emerging nine years later as a full grown man, fully capable to control his abilities. Returning to his town only to find weeds and wild animals he turned his back to the town and headed toward the city.

Looks: Naturally blood red hair. Golden irises. Sallow tan. 6 foot. Broad. Scar between bicep and tricep on his left arm.
Clothing: Badly faded jeans and red t-shirt. Brown hiking boots, black backpack, dark blue overcoat.
Inventory: S&W 19 revolver .357 Magnum 6/6, S&W 19 revolver .357 magnum 0/6, watch, Swiss army knife.

"Buddy," the man says. "You do notice that this is my turf, right?" He then whips out a pistol. "Do you know what I do to trespassers?" (What do you do now?)

"Hello?" I shout. "Anyone in there? You know, you're a good lockpicker."

Bio: Jagatai is the son of a Mongolian immigrant and an Irish engineer. He grew up in Nevada, joined the Army at 19, and served with the 174th Infantry brigade stationed at Ft. Drum ever since.
-----
-----
Clothing: ACU Pants, Desert Combat Boots, sand-colored army t-shirt, ACU jacket, ACU Bodyarmor, ACU Helmet

"From what I heard, the government is hiding something," the private says. "The police was rounding up some of their relatives for 'experimentation.' We were just brought here to help 'cover up' for the government." (What do you do now?)

Namean
Bioan, despite his name, is a nerd that is bullied extensively...But this bullying has turned him into an unusual being, able to crush skulls, unlike his other allies and enemies.
Clothing:Stained button shirt, 2 black shoes-one with a hole,ripped gloves,nerd glasses,a science kit-on his back.
Looks:Blonde hair,light skin, 5ft. 11in. in height.
Powers:When abused will become extremely powerful with brute force.
------
HP:100/100
-----
Inventory:Science kit
Partner:0/2

Where does your character start off, @KillaX77 ?

Name:Shard
Bio:Shard was a miner when a ton of crystals fell on him. 7 years later, he got back up and noticed that he had a different body with crystals all over and could summon them out from the ground at will. With his newfound power, he decided to go back up to the humans, but when they tried to kill him, he noticed he was no longer one of them...Now he tries to survive, knowing that the humans are hostile to him...
Looks:Crystals on back, and crystal plating on chest, arms with crystals on them. 4ft. 2in. Height (Due to hunched back)
Powers:Crystal summoning,crystal shriek,high jump height.
------
HP:97/100 (Due to an attack)
-----
Clothing:Miner's helmet.
Inventory:Broken pistol,pickaxe,shovel.
Partner:N/A

Where does your character start off, @KillaX77 ?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Alright look I just stumbled in here. I'm going to leave now. Alright I'm going to leave." I start shuffling toward the door, I look around for any stone debris that is behind the man.

You feel a gun against the back of your head. "I'm also pretty good at misdirection. Now drop your gun."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"I'm also good at something," I say to the man. I hit him in the crotch with my gun, then kick his gun out of his hands. "Martial arts. Now, what's your business here?" I ask him.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

"And don't come back!" the man shouts. As you exit the man's apartment, you see a sack on the floor of the hallway. (Will you take it?)

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

"Man, what bull****. I'm just here to serve my tour and then it's off to Academi as an ASP. Any word on the experimenting? What it is?" I adjust my rifle to a more comfortable position.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

-----
-----

"The thing is, we're not supposed to know any of this stuff." The private says. "The government, they're experimenting a new bio-weapon on them. They're gonna make us deploy it over the town eventually, cause they know the secret."

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I grab the sack and keep running.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Less of that. I decide if you hit or not.)

You swing your gun back expecting it to connect with the man behind you but all you hit is air. You feel a hand grab your shoulder and throw your already unstable arse to the floor. "Didn't think I'd expect you to fight back, eh? Hahahaha look I'm not here to hurt you, or take your stuff. I came here to warn you. A group of raiders, or bandits, call them what you want, are on their way here. If I can get in as easy as I could then this place will be no match for a group of twenty. Understand?" He asks, you feel the pressure of the barrel lift off of your neck. A gloved hand appears beside you.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

-----
-----

I look around to see how many people are in the truck.

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

(Less of that. I decide if you hit or not.)

"But," I begin, "if you're one of them," I shake his hand off my shoulder and point the gun at his head. "I can, and will shoot you if you betray me. Since you're here, why don't you help me defend my house?"

(Are you running up the apartment or down towards the street?)

-----
-----

(You mean the Humvee, right?)
Most of your brigade is already in the truck, ready to head back.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

His gun doesn't move from his side it's a M-16. You also see the handle of a shotgun strapped to his back. You see he is wearing a brown overcoat with a black suit underneath and a red tie. Under the overcoat you see red shells on two separate bandoleers. His shoes are black leather and unscuffed. Leather driving gloves cover his hands. He just shakes his head in disappointment. "If I were one of them don't you think I would have been a little more sneaky? Leaving the front door open? Not killing you when I had the chance..." He looks around.

(Down to the street.)

Showing 61-75 of 502