Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is the Slaying of a Person Accidentally Considered Murder?

Posted Aug 9, '14 at 9:13am

Seashark001

Seashark001

621 posts

This is more of a political view, than a religious one.

In modern British law, as far as I am aware, murder has to be pre-meditated (has to be planned/considered beforehand), but if it isn't, then its considered manslaughter.

E.g.

If Bob hit Alex's car, and Alex came to his car door on the roadside, in which time Bob decided to slayhim, and did so, then that would be murder.

If Bob hit Alex's car, and Alex came to his car door on the roadside, in which time Bob made no decision on what to do with Alex, and they had a row, when Bob threw a punch, and killed Alex, that would be manslaughter.

That's as far as I can grasp it, so i might be wrong...

last edited Aug 09 2014 09:15 am by Seashark001

Posted Aug 11, '14 at 1:39pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

2,231 posts

In modern British law, as far as I am aware, murder has to be pre-meditated (has to be planned/considered beforehand), but if it isn't, then its considered manslaughter.

That's pretty much how it works in America too, minus a few differences. Here's a new twist on this topic that's relevant. In a recent sprint car event, Tony Stewart accidentally hit and killed another racer, Kevin Ward, Jr. read about it here. Does the video seen in that article give enough evidence to prove that Tony Stewart is innocent, and does he deserve to be charged with a crime?

Posted Aug 11, '14 at 7:19pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,891 posts

Does the video seen in that article give enough evidence to prove that Tony Stewart is innocent,

Of course he is innocent.

Guy in black suite runs out in the middle of a RACE TRACK in a setting that would make him difficult to spot ('cause of black suite) and runs in front of Stewart's vehicle

Posted Aug 11, '14 at 7:54pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

7,219 posts

Does the video seen in that article give enough evidence to prove that Tony Stewart is innocent, and does he deserve to be charged with a crime?

Of course he is innocent.

I find it unlikely that Steward would run down another driver intentionally, but either way, Ward Jr. should NOT have exited his vehicle and walked into the center of a dirt track at night wearing a black jumpsuit. You can't possibly blame Steward for a crime that involved someone standing in front of his car. Steward didn't even know the victim; he's a NASCAR driver and was participating in a dirt track for the heck of it.

Lesson learned: GET A GRIP. Getting mad and throwing a fit over a race is not worth dying for.

Posted Aug 12, '14 at 8:59am

apldeap123

apldeap123

1,221 posts

Getting mad and throwing a fit over a race is not worth dying for.

In any situation where you get really angry and almost feel like killing someone, DON'T. It's not worth it.

Posted Aug 12, '14 at 9:37pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,891 posts

In any situation where you get really angry and almost feel like killing someone, DON'T. It's not worth it.

wut

you went a completely different path than the quote

Reply to Is the Slaying of a Person Accidentally Considered Murder?

You must be logged in to post a reply!