ForumsNews and FeedbackAd-Free Gaming

162 64139
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hate ads? You now have an option to remove them from the site. Just click the remove button next to ads and for a nominal fee you can remove the ads from the site.

Also, there may be a super secret forum. I mean... err NO forum, that doesn't exist.

• 162 Replies
freedish
freedish
3 posts
Shepherd

I've been a member since 2011 and even before I made an account for a while. I came to this site for quality games, and few ads. Over the years I've witnessed more and more ads. It's getting out of hand. It's TOO much. I can't even play games now because I have to load 6 or 7 ads before the game can even load. And during the game I'm getting poor fps because the video ads replaying over and over...causing terrible game play. Often I have to refresh just to get the still frame 'picture' ads if I'm lucky. I totally understand the need to revenue to keep the site going but there has to be a better way to make money and allow players to player. What about going back to the 'still picture ads'? (No moving just a picture with an ad that doesn't replay over and over) They are much quicker to load and don't cause lag during the game. I'd rather have 20 of those than even 1 video ad. Please consider this armorgames, I've been a member since 2011, and I've watched this site beat out many competitors because the quality of the site. It's the best imo. Wasn't sure where to post this but it's feedback/suggestion threat... and didn't wanna get flamed or banned, hope you guys consider this...

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@freedish 6 or 7 ads before the game can load? Seriously? There is something wrong with that. Can you get me a screenshot/video of what's happening. It's sounds like you may be infected with something that's making more ads appear then should be.

Alternatively, you could pay a small amout of money and get no ads at all!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@freedish Try looking into cleaning your browser, or deleting some malware that may have been installed while installing other programs. Trust me, it will clean up a whole lot. If that still doesn't work, you can come back here for help. But the ads on armor games don't usually go up to that high. Maybe two on the sides and one on top, with a video ad before the game. But those are normal.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@freedish i would say: this sounds like you system is infected with malware/virus/*i have no idea what else it may be*... check your system with a (good) anti-virus please.

Also check your browser add-ons, specially add-on-bundles could come with some... let's say unpleasant side-effects.

Afaik one video-ad before the game loads/starts is normal. In games they are normaly no ads... rarely MMOs could be an exeption.

The smaller ad-banners below and top of the game screen could cause performance problems/lags if they show animated ads, yes... sometimes it helps to adjust the screen, so you have only one of them visible.

freedish
freedish
3 posts
Shepherd

Sorry maybe I was unclear...it's mainly the banners and videos ads. I count about 3-4 that continuously repeat. (Sometimes its only 1 or 2 and I can tolerate). ive seen these banners for years like adventure quest, world of tanks and such but they used to be just pictures which is easy to load and doesn't require much RAM but now a lot of them are becoming animated which takes more computing power i think...maybe I just have a a slow pc...but will look in to the malware thing. This is the best gaming web site and only want it to be better

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@freedish ah ok, if it is "only" the banners, then it won't be malware.

The main problem with these animated ads is (afaik) that they use also flash for the animations, and flash is limited.

I face this problem sometimes too, as said, try to adjust your screen, not every time, but sometimes it helps if only one of these small animated ad-banners is visible.

freedish
freedish
3 posts
Shepherd

Ok will do thanks for the response!

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@freedish you're welcome^^

And, as Ferret already said, if you can afford it, you can get rid of ads, just sign in for Ad Free Gaming.

Murph1224
Murph1224
1 posts
Nomad

I hate ads! even tho they pay you to for putting them on at least make the video ones on the game part of the page actually play all mine ever does is freeze, play, freeze, play so it takes longer then is needed

borderlandsman97
borderlandsman97
4 posts
Nomad

@ferret, i don't mind ads but could you make them so they can be muted? i listen to music while playing games, and i switch games a lot, the ads cut into the music and it's annoying

borderlandsman97
borderlandsman97
4 posts
Nomad

also on the mobile games page tap heroes is a app now and it isn't on there

TheBigLugmos
TheBigLugmos
7 posts
Jester

The amount of non-working survey options is terrible! I've just spent the last 2 hours trying to finish one survey so I can have one more week to keep going before the 1 of July when I get paid, but no dice.

Showing 151-162 of 162