ForumsGamesshadowbound...ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

10 5462
treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

WTF AG?! another game where its 90% auto functions?

quests? auto-pathing

exploring? auto-pathing

combat...yeah, nice joke you jerks, nonexistent >

menus? well, players can interact with those at least, not that it matters.

i'm a gamer (have been for over 20 years now) and this is just insulting. what, is this game aimed at the casual gamers out there or something? tch, i'd really like to know when MMORPGs went from being great to...THIS.

• 10 Replies
DarkRyu
DarkRyu
1 posts
Templar

r2games are all the same

ndog32
ndog32
5 posts
Shepherd

leauge of angles is the same

StormWingDelta
StormWingDelta
72 posts
Shepherd

Yep wouldn't call a MMO where 75%+ of the game is automatic a game unless the auto functions have a good reason for being there other than to make things super easy + lazy.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

I expect everything R2Games tobe shoddy, rip offs, and pandering fanservice lies.

I also expect armorgames to host all their games now due to a contract.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

"I expect everything R2Games tobe shoddy, rip offs, and pandering fanservice lies."

i don't really know how to do quotes here, sorry. still, agreed, though i don't mind blade hunter too much as it at least has plenty of things for the player to do (well, as much as could be expected for a browser game of that lvl of quality).

edit: well, 4-5 days till people can go and enjoy PoE's 2nd expansion so theres that >.>

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

no offense but in regards to games like mystic guardians, if i wanted to play a pokemon style game i'd play pokemon.

geez, when did i become so picky when it came to MMO's? if its not browser based mmo's that have even the slightest presence of micro-transactions that could throw the game off balance (is it truly so darn hard for devs to stick with cosmetics and other stuff rather than gear that gives the buyers an unfair advantage?) pissing me off and more often than not driving me away, its my running into errors/lag/various other crap when trying out bigger mmo's like warframe. warframe, great game but as time went on they started improving the graphics and thus raising the system requirements and now it's unplayable for me (i STILL only have this laptop much to my eternal annoyance).

^^^
why i prefer decent mmo's with smaller, closer player bases such as nodiatis (till i grew bored of it anyway.), euotopia (inactive mostly: see my reason for inactivity on nodiatis >.&gt, and a few other games.

oh and i would say runescape is pretty good except the system they use for character stats drives me crazy. since theres no way to tell how likely you are to hit or miss enemies. you just have to train your combat skills and hope it hits. yeah...screw that, i like knowing my stats like in pretty much all other rpg games.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Well, if you like action RPG MMO's @treos... have your tried the new Kings Road one yet? It might just have what you need in a MMO! =)

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

maybe...if it loads quick enough. think i tried kings road before but got frustrated at waiting for all the map to load while playing.

treos
treos
105 posts
Nomad

uh, excuse me? i ran out of time to edit my post? what? (also, if that latest post "ran out of time to edit" then why does my first post up at the top of this page still have the edit button over it?)

whatever, don't fuss at me for having to make a double post then >.>

hmmm... well, micro-transactions but i don't see that as being too bad in kings road. i mean, after looking through the menus and unlocking a few villagers to access more features it looks like theres no gear you can purchase with diamonds that can't be obtained in-game for free so that at least knocks the game down from being unbalanced imo. at least as far as the micro-transactions go, just keep lvling and grinding and you'll still end up accessing everything.

now, if it had a vip system in place like R2 loves to use then i'd have a complaint but it doesn't (thankfully).

Showing 1-9 of 10