ForumsForum GamesCount to 100 Discussion Thread

242 205298
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This is a discussion thread regarding rules and gameplay of 'Count to 100', so that the count isn't frequently interrupted and restarted when a mod posts.

Posts not on topic will be removed.

• 242 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I am interested...

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Forgiving Fridays

I totally agree. I don't think it is fair for us users when newcomers mix it up.

Wacky Wednesdays?
Turbulent Tuesdays?
Saucy Sundays?
Thundering Thursdays?
Slap-the-above-user Saturdays?
Any other suggestions?

Mod day, count to 10. "I dare you, I double dare you motha*********" - Pulp Fiction

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I support Proposal 5 in general as well as both Mod-Free Mondays and Forgiving Fridays.

Mod day, count to 10.

What do you mean by mod day?

Wacky Wednesdays?
Turbulent Tuesdays?
Saucy Sundays?
Thundering Thursdays?
Slap-the-above-user Saturdays?
Any other suggestions?

I would suggest having a different event type for each day of the week, and I like the idea of random and uncommon events so the users won't know whether a certain event will occur or not.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

What do you mean by mod day?

mods and admins try to count to ten. We (users and knights) are the gantics. swapped places.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The mods and admins are always allowed to count. They usually don't because the users outnumbers the mods/admins by a lot.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

The mods and admins are always allowed to count. They usually don't because the users outnumbers the mods/admins by a lot.

Hmm, that's a good point. Maybe I suggest mod day, would be a day in which they have 10 minutes to count to 10. They can communicate with each other easier because their numbers are less. They could even do it right under our noses if they pick the right time. So yeah that's my suggestion

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It is a lot harder to get users organized to not count than it is to organize mods to not count.

Any other ideas for random events? They don't have to be alliterative.

I have another suggestion that I will also add to the master list.

# Half-off Hump Day
For 12 hours from noon to midnight on a Wednesday, count to half of the current goal for your team.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

For 12 hours from noon to midnight on a Wednesday, count to half of the current goal for your team.

So basically all counts that get to 50 are rendered successful?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Yeah, but you still have to deal with the evil count stoppers.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Still, it's much more manageable doing only 50. I'm all for it!

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

I agree with #Mod-Free Mondays. I think that it'd really raise the activity.
About #Forgiving Fridays, would that mean that if I was ninja'd and I realize it after 30secs, I'm supposed not to edit and it will be forgiven, but if I would edit, it won't be forgiven? Somewhat chaotic. I'd change it to a newcounter OR a ninja OR an edit.
Not very sure about #Half-off Hump Day.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The No-edit rule won't be lifted under any circumstance.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I am renaming Half-off Hump Day to Halfway Hump Day.

The way randomness will work is a d20 roll. If roll d20 = 20, then that special day is in effect. This should come out to about 2.6 times per year for each event. With three events, there should be an average of 7.8 events per year. If there was a week full of special events, then it'd be 18.2 events, which is about an average of about 1 event every three weeks.

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

What about a day where mods and admins count, but knights reset it?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

That would result in a lot of wasted time and essentially 24 hours of nobody posting. It's hard enough to find a day when there are enough mods on over the course of that day.

Showing 91-105 of 242