ForumsPopular MediaAre super Heroes getting ruined?

5 5302
samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

So today I talked about Batman by an Emo girl and an Idiot (I don't know what else to call the dude) Anyway these bought some batman crap two or three years ago and now they act like they know more than the guy who been watching Batman on TV since he was two.Me "Ok since when does Joker wear makeup?" Idiot "Joker Has always worn makeup." Emo girl "Yah Joker has worn makeup since the beginning." Idiot "Have you even read the old comics?" Me " Ok I'm not even sure how to respond to that." And oh dear god listening to these numbskulls talk about how "Cool" Punisher is makes me want to blow a fuse, THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO JIGSAW IS! For the love of Krypton I wanna smack these people. The people that say I don't know anything about super heroes are the same people that don't know any of these characters.
Jigsaw
Question
Puppetmaster
Clayface
Doomsday
Superboy
Nightwing
Hawkman
Hawk Girl
Power Girl
Solumon Grundy
Bizarro
Red Sun Super Man
Static Shock
These are the same people that are always donning images of Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn, And oh for the love of god the Punisher shirts. Frank Castle had one Death's head Skull on costume it wasn't grungy red spray paint. These Nimrods drive me crazier than the freakin hipsters doin the same thing. They wonder why I nerd rage. Anyway who's with me on this? Do you guys have to deal with these people.

• 5 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

No. I've never run into anyone who does anything remotely like that, even outside of superheroes.They probably are just doing that to mess with you. And for the punisher shirt thing, they probably didn't even realize what it was when they bought it and jut thought the design was cool. Also what's the big deal if it's red? I don't see any problem here...
Also there are kinda a lot of versions of the joker's past, and that other kid didn't sound like he read comics so he probably just got confused. There have been movies where his "makeup" is actually his skin. His lips turn red, skin turns white, and hair turns green. Once again, no big deal.
No need to rage about how well other people know comics.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I don't think it would bother me so much if it wasn't so common. I geuss it's like Micheal Bay's Ninja turtles plus only one version of the Joker wore makeup (Granted that Joker was pretty frickin cool) My favorite Jokers were animated Series Joker and Jack Nicholson Joker but that's beside the point. I just get bothered because these people are so wrong about these characters that have been a part of me for so long. I know I shouldn't let it bother me so much but these people just talk sooooooo much when they know absolutley nothing about the subject and then they have the nerve to act like I'm the ignorant one. Still I nerd rage, I nerd rage so much oh well. Atleast no one has tried to ruin the Spirit for me "I'M THE OCTOPUS, I GOT EIGHT OF EVERYTHING!"

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Why no Squirrel girl in your list?

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Punisher is quite good but hey they dont know who jigsaw is ? what a shame man

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So im not allowed to edit my post? that's ODD

And oh dear god listening to these numbskulls talk about how "Cool" Punisher is makes me want to blow a fuse, THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO JIGSAW IS!

To be fair, talking about how 'cool' someone or something is doesn't necessarily mean that you have to have any sort of extensive knowledge on them.
Showing 1-5 of 5