ForumsSupport Forum[Necro][Fixed] Last Stand: Union City Freezes When I Login

32 11679
Realist81
Realist81
1 posts
Nomad

As the title says - the game freezes when I login, I get the following error -

"A script in this movie is causing adobe flash player to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?"

I then don't even get the option to abort the script on Firefox, it just freezes.

It plays fine when I don't login but I want access to the Premium stuff i bought, I know it's only 62p, well £1.24 when you factor in that i bought the ad-free gaming option, but it's still annoying!

I've tried in IE, as well as Firefox (my goto browser). and I get the same result.

I'm on Windows 7 professional and have a fairly decent rig so I doubt that's the problem -

i5 4570
nVidia GTX 660
16GB Ram
120 Gb SSD + 1 Terabyte HDD

I've cleared my browser cache and rebooted to try and fix the error to no avail and there's no more recent drivers than the ones I have, I've also had no previous problems with multiple flash utilising tabs open at the same time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I was rather enjoying the game prior to these shenanigans.

• 32 Replies
jhango
jhango
2 posts
Nomad

good, its working on IE. the problem is on Chrome. how can I fix it?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@jhango Depends, likely it's an add-on that's causing the issue. Disable all your add-ons and see if it fixes. Or try an "Incognito" window.

Dman621
Dman621
2 posts
Nomad

I am also having this problem but nothing I do can fix it or playing in a diff browser/incognito mode

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Dman621 Please note that adblocking, privacy, firewall software can cause problems as well. This is almost always the issue, even in users that don't know they have the software that's causing it. Examples are Disconnect.me, Disasteroids, AdBan and many others.

Dman621
Dman621
2 posts
Nomad

i guess it was just a time thing.... I revisited the application several hours afterwards and it worked. thnks though

lemonsqueezy821
lemonsqueezy821
1 posts
Peasant

Is it really a time thing, though? Did anyone else other then Dman fix their problem? I don't feel like waiting several hours.

I can def confirm that it just takes time. It works now :P

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@lemonsqueezy821 Hard to say you have the same issue, the last post was 3 months ago on this thread. Glad it's working though.

TheBigLugmos
TheBigLugmos
7 posts
Jester

My game is not working either. I know that this is probably a time thing, but with my nieces and nephew around, I don't want to have to wait because I can wait here for one hour and then they wake up and I have to go around town for 5 hours. I've tried chrome, incognito chrome, firefox, private firefox, and IE, but still no cigar. If you can somehow tell me how to fix this before these beasts in human clothing wake up, then I'm all ears. Hell, I'll even strongly consider going ad-free

TheBigLugmos
TheBigLugmos
7 posts
Jester

Nevermind, It works now. Thanks for the help.

derp1267
derp1267
2 posts
Nomad

mine crashes befor I can play help

derp1267
derp1267
2 posts
Nomad

my last stand crashed when I got the premium content and now wont work

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@derp1267 Could you try a different browser?

jsop
jsop
2 posts
Nomad

I'd hate to bring up and old topic but this one just so happens to be relevant.

I'm experiencing the same issue many others here have described. I just purchased the survival kit and now the game freezes when I log in. It loads perfectly fine if I log out first. I've tried it with Firefox, IE and a brand new installation of Chrome with no addons. Incognito mode didn't help on any of the three browsers. I've downgraded to a different version of flash - that didn't help. I checked all drivers - all up to date. I restarted my pc, disabled overclock before booting up again.

I see that this thread is labelled "fixed" but I don't see an actual fix posted. Please provide instructions to fix this glitch or a refund. Either would be acceptable.

jsop
jsop
2 posts
Nomad

Since I cannot find an edit button:

The issue has resolved itself. Since my last post about 25 minutes ago I've done the following: updated back to the latest version of flash player, restarted my pc again, restarted my router and disabled then re-enabled hardware acceleration in flash settings.

Best of luck to anyone else who experiences this

samuel_asare_5
samuel_asare_5
11 posts
Peasant

yeah same thing is happened to me as well. I've tried using it in multiple browsers and privacy setting and still no luck

Showing 16-30 of 32