ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmatar Creation

14 4373
DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

I would like to know what types of programs would be good for making an armatar and how big/small it has to be.

• 14 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Standard drawing programs. Photoshop, Paint (If you're going for the basics). If you're a tablet user, you're going to already know which program to use. Some people here do it the old fashioned way with a paper and pencil/paint.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I'm going to move you into the Art section @DarthTyrannausarus, support is more for game support.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You are allowed to use any program you want @DarthTyrannausarus! Personally, I like to work with Paint, basically because I never took the time to look into other programs. But other options are Gimp, Photoshop, but if you want you can do it the old-fashioned way like @nichodemus said, by drawing on paper, photographing this and uploading it. Whichever way you choose is fine, as long as you made it yourself of course... =)

Thunderee321
Thunderee321
3 posts
Peasant

I just went to the forums to see if there are any open armatar contest. But I wonder, will anyone accept anime armatars? I'm a anime lovar and loves to crop anime images to I get a avatar format out of it and use it on facebook or something.

(You can find the avatar on "http://www.facebook.com/jonbel99&quot

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Someone got his personal Armatar before, though I'm not clear on the circumstances. Anyway, you could try pestering @Ferret. Did you draw that pic?

And thanks for using the chibi I drew!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Users can only be awarded their own custom Armatar if they earned it. Those that have such a custom one did something special for the website to obtain that right...

Another way is to wait for a suitable contest and submit it there. Contests only allow themed submissions though... a new one will be launched soon!!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

What @MrDayCee said.

Julia_Witherwood
Julia_Witherwood
40 posts
Farmer

Additional information at MrDayCee's second paragraph...

In order to win a custom avatar in the contest, just post an art there. Regardless of winning or losing, you can earn it there~~

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Ok. Thanks for the help.

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Oops. I cannot find out how to make this in picture form. May I get some additional support please?

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

You need to upload your image to an image hosting site like photobucket. Then you use the direct link to the image and post it using the image BBcode.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Like Darkfire said, you need to upload it first in order to use it in a coding line @DarthTyrrannausarus. You can use imgur, photobucket, flickr or even diviantart if you are planning to create a lot. Then use the image code to post ot here! =)

DarthTyrannausarus
DarthTyrannausarus
538 posts
Nomad

Oh. OK XD

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

If you want an easy to work with medium, try the imgur link that is placed in my profile messenger's sticky comment.

Showing 1-14 of 14