ForumsSupport Forum[Official] Armor Games Server Issues

11 3734
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We're aware that something strange is happening to our servers, and are looking into the issue. I'll be locking all threads and pointing to this one. Please post in this thread only about these issues so we can have it focused.

Sorry everybody!

• 11 Replies
Rebble
Rebble
2 posts
Peasant

Battle pirates isn't loading. Sometimes the commercial loads, mostly it doesn't and after that it's just blanc

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Right, many games are having this issue @Rebble. We're looking into it I promise.

iWumbo3000
iWumbo3000
10 posts
Peasant

Perhaps this is related to all the new annoying Armorgames ADDS we are forced to watch?

Scrabbydoo98
Scrabbydoo98
6 posts
Peasant

Yeah I'm guessing all those ads Armor Games has thrown all over the site is adding to the lag.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The rage about ads seems very focused lately, but we've made no changes to our ads for months. Also, for under a dollar you can get rid of ALL ads on Armor Games, and help us keep the lights on.

voorash
voorash
4 posts
Jester

I will not rage about the ads because you gotta do what you gotta do but the button to get rid of the ads seems brand new and I know for some issues I had with add ons to dawn of the dragons it was that new button that seemed to be the problem for me.

Scrabbydoo98
Scrabbydoo98
6 posts
Peasant

Those Video Ads that force you to watch before a game will load are new. At least they are in the game that I play the most. They are highly annoying, and just as those started showing ya'll start asking us to pay for No Ads. So yes there has been a change in ads.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Scrabbydoo98 This is the issue though, they aren't new. But it does seem for SOME users they are new, which the mystery I'm trying to solve.

Either users have ad blockers that are no longer functioning, or the ads weren't targeting certain users previously. But they have been live since the new game page was live, prior to AFG+.

Birkebeiner
Birkebeiner
10 posts
Nomad

The opt out of ad option is new, it's a problem, it has made access impossible on mobile platforms... Not sure how the desktop crowd are doing. The advent of the problem has been concisely and clearly described and pointed out on the forums. The solution is to simply get rid of this latest "option", do some more testing and relaunch when satisfied that it'll work.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Birkebeiner You can see my previous thread response. Mobile platforms were never intended to play site games. The server issues in this thread are resolved, locking it up.

Showing 1-10 of 11