ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStories of After The Flash

6 5147
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Im sure about 15 of you people out there have seen my thread "After The Storm" and im sure at least one of you know its a reference to a game called "After The Flash" which is a very popular game (Made at a magical place called ROBLOX) which is, im pretty sure, based off of Fallout. Now, for those unfamiliar with ATF, as its called, its a large Role-Playing game set in a apocalyptic world, in the middle of a nuclear based fall-out, in the middle of winter. Or the one I play is. Anyway, these stories are BASED on my various role plays in that game. My name is Mike, and a few of the characters in this story are actual players of ROBLOX, and I actually know quite a few. Some of the people I've forgotten the names of, so I will use made up ones. Please note, this is not a happy story, the main character (Which is to say, me) has had a very hard life, with most of the people he knows dies, and is currently being hunted by the Redline (Metro: Last Light/Metro 2033 reference, is an actual RP group at that game) and is constantly having to deal with that, so if your looking for some happy story, go somewhere else, but if your looking for a good story, your in the perfect place. Anyway, enough reading this, you havnt even gotten to the actual story yet and im sure your probably tired of reading already...

• 6 Replies
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

It was, like always, a cold, dark, lifeless night. The city, which we call Dock Town, is inhabited by only around twenty people. Of these, half are surely asleep and the other half, well, you dont want to know the goings on in this town.

Mike , a commoner among the other drinkers, was just finishing a shot of Gin when he heard a familiar voice, coming from the entrance. It was a voice he hated, almost as much as he hated people who couldn't drink their share. (I'll hold on the Russian accent, but please be aware, it was very heavy.)

"Ah! Mike, I see you are indulging in your drinks, as usual." The man, known as Vladimir said, chuckling afterwards. This man was once the second lieutenant of the Redline army, before being shot in the chest by a shotgun by one of his own soldiers, who, by the way, was mike.

"I don't have time to deal with you right now, Redline ***"
"But on the contrary, you will sit here with me and share a drink, comrade" This last word dripped with sarcasm.
"Let me be, Vladimir, I just want a drink."
"Never my good man, after your... little rebellion" Vladimir's eyes grew dark, very dark. He knew he had Mike surrounded, as outside were five more of his men, waiting for the order to come in and kill Mike for what he has done. So he pulled out his knife, but just stroked it. It was a fine blade, five inches long, sharp enough to cut bone, but shiny enough to pass as silver, it was truly, in his opinion, beautiful. Mike just thought it was annoying.

"Vlad, remember the last Redline troops to try to take me? four jeeps and a tank, it was. All dead." At this, Vladimir rose, and in a very angry motion pulled mike up with him. The man two seats from this action, knew this was going to go down bad, and tossed a wary glance in their direction.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

It has nice suspicion to it @evilsweetblock! You know just enough to know what's going on, but too little to understand the complete picture, which keeps the mystery of the story going... nice! =)

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

"Calm down, calm down. I didn't kill them all. I had help from the people that I was trying to save from you Russian *******s." Mike, giving a cool, sophisticated look, one might expect to see on a scholar or someone with quite a bit of knowledge.

"Here, have a bit of Gin, it'll cool your temper and warm your cheeks, its a very great drink..." Vladimir had the knife held at Mike's throat, and could kill the man at any second, but he thought Yes... I'll indulge in a bit of drink before I kill this man... and he lowered his knife at the same time as mike raised the bottle, took a swig of it, then feigning to hand it over, swung it as hard as he could into Vladimir's head.

The bottle shattered, and Vladimir would have fallen, if Mike's arm was not there to catch him. He caught the man to be able to shove the jagged, ridges bottle half into the mans spine, hard enough to make the man scream in agony, then collapse on the floor, with a hopefully, broken spine. Two of the dead man's men came in, bearing pistols, quickly took aim at Mike, but before they could let off a shot, the man, two seats away, sitting silently, had shot them down with a quick flick of his wrist.

"Conner! What a great day to take you to the bar with me, I knew you'd come in handy someday!" Mike laughed, but the happiness was short lived, as the remaining three of Vladimir's revenge party entered, hoping to see Mike dead, but was mistaken. The first two were felled by the bullets of Conner, a very skilled marksman, and Mikes little brother by two or three weeks.

The last man in, he was a large man. Almost 7 feet and wide enough to look like a bear in the distance. He was shot twice, weakening him, but the telltale click of the pistol, and the grunt of absolute rage on his face, Conner was pretty much screwed, that is, if the bartender, who only went by Sergeant, took out a knife and flung it at the man, hitting him square in the chest and puncturing his heart.

The other bar-goers Watched the battle, but as soon as it was over, they all went back to their drinks (Including Mike), Conner slid over next to Mike, and Sergeant shook his head, and said;
"Michael, do you always have to have three different factions hunting you?"

Mike just grinned and asked for a Scotch, ending the conversation, and at the bottom of the bottle, the day as well.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

This'll be a short one, I dont have much time.

While all this was going on in the bar, the fighting and the killing and the dumping into the ocean, one man was laying in bed, fast asleep. Well, many men were doing this actually, but this man is special and of more importance than the rest. This man, sleeping, dreaming, kinda rolling around when you get that fitful sleep, his name is John, and he's Mike's best "Friend".

By friend, I mean John follows him around everywhere and Mike kinda just hits him for making a full of himself on many occasions. But John puts up with it, as hes kind of a coward, and he likes the attention, and would rather NOT be sitting in Dock Town all day, just doing nothing but being cold. In fact, its been this way for about... 35 years, John being 41 and Mike being 43.

However, John was having a very bad dream. It was a dream about a time in the past, when John was 36 and was angry at Mike for everything hes ever done. You see, back at that time, John has mentioned someone important to Mike and he overreacted by punching John, square in the jaw. This fight would've continued for another fifteen minutes, if not Jay, Mike's adopted son, as it is, (We'll talk about him next chapter) had shot John twice, leading him to run off, and be presumed dead for the next two years.

What actually happened was much worse. Scared from his wounds, irrational from the cold, and brainwashed by his anger, John took refuge in a sewer line, owned by the infamous Redline, which is hunting Mike if you remember. The soldiers offered him a job, and for the next two years, he trained in marksmanship, and all the other survival things needed to be a proper survivor/soldier. Then, two years later, John was sent off, age 37 (Two weeks to his next birthday, so not a 'full' two years) to hunt and, to the Redline's hope, kill Mike.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

However, the Redline's plot failed, as when John went to shoot Mike, Jay and an unknown ally shot John, fatally wounding him, and leaving the unknown ally dead and Mike bleeding out. But Jay saved him, for Jay is a special boy.

Jay's parents were killed by a mysterious figure at the age of seven, leaving him to fend for himself for until he was 15, where he met Mike at Dock Town. Mike and John were plotting a raid on a heavily defended convoy of fifty or so armed men when the boy eavesdropped and threatened to warn the convoy if they did not let him come with them. So, what Mike does is shoot the kid. or try to, John stops him and allows the kid to come.

Jay, afterwards, was a burden. He had an AK-47 his father gave him when he was young, which he could not aim to save his parents lives if they were still alive. The convoy raid was a success, as Mike used Jay to place a bomb instead of firing on the enemy to disable them. Soon Jay and Mike become good friends, Jay thinking him as a 'replacement' dad and Mike thinking Jay a good kid. After two weeks of training, Jay could finally hit a metal can from 50 feet away when it wasnt moving.

Anyway, Jay is special. but to learn more about that, you have to wait until we talk about the Mutants. But for now, we rest the weary hand and leave the quill to dry, and leaving this letter for you to read.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Ahhh, this story is very jumbled. maybe someday in the future I will clear it all out. but for now, I cannot, so i bid thee all farewell.

Showing 1-6 of 6