ForumsNews and FeedbackReckless Ruckus

11 6325
raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

AG do you even look at games before putting them up? I played Reckless Ruckus for maybe 10 minutes and 90% of the game is stolen concepts. the music is from warcraft2 most all the card designs are characters from WoW. the 2 that really stick out in my head is the generic tauren you can choose that has thunder stomp and the grand druid that is malifurn stormrage. then they have the balls to say its all original art so please don't steal it.

• 11 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I agree, though maybe the AG devs don't play WoW or Hearthstone. There's been a lot of backlash against the RR devs across the net, and it seems Blizzard was contacted. But oh well, nothing else we can do now.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

the dev here should really consider dropping it if blizzard has been contacted. the trickle money down could be a backlash for AG profiting from copyrighted property.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

after looking into that game dev some more it seems al they do is clone and rip-off other games for quick cash grabs.

AG if you get into bed with a dog you will get fleas. might be a good idea to cut ties with this one.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

3 days and no official post on why they would choose to leave up a game built on theft of copyrighted images and music.

AG you really are starting to feel like one of those cookie cutter MMO cash grabbers you host so many of. anything for a buck I guess.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Admins don't work on the weekends. You posted this two hours after 5:00 pm on a Friday.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

I'm the guy who oversees new MMOs for the site. I don't (or haven't) played Warcraft, WoW, or Hearthstone... so I did not notice any re-use of potentially copyrighted material. I'll reach out to the devs and see what I can find out from them.

I do try to find the best games from good companies... but there have been some games in the past that haven't worked out so well and there likely will be some in the future. I just hope that, on the whole, we bring you guys fun games. And I appreciate it when you let me know stuff like this... helps me improve on what I do

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
804 posts
Chamberlain

So the devs are looking into changing the music, as they said it's "variations from WoW's music". They said the art style and themes are fantasy in nature and similar to WoW, yet original art. And that the gameplay style is different from Hearthstone.

Just passing along the info. As I haven't played those games, I can't comment directly. Based on the data they also sent to me... it does seem to be a bit of a love-it or hate-it type of game; which explains the overall rating being sub-60, but the more business/nerdy metrics are better. I won't bore you with the specifics.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

open the shop in game the cards you can buy are a generic taurn and a night elf from WoW. the next card is Illidan one of the major lore characters in the game with one of his war glaves just showing in the image.

a link to their card
http://g.gameguyz.com/static/images/platform/blitzcard/pay/item_03.jpg

a link to illidan from their web site
http://wow.gameguyz.com/pictures/wallpapers/man-named-illidan-world-warcraft.html

it pretty obvious its a charecture of a WoW figure. that's just 3 along with many others I saw.

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

so I guess we are back to just ignoring it again because they said they didn't steal the concepts.

MerlinCross
MerlinCross
56 posts
Nomad

^ Nah they're ignoring it cause "We need to keep AG running".

I mean I raised this over on Kongregate and got nothing from the mods. Heck, according to others, Kong was deleting threads that raised this topic.

Look I understand you guys need to make money but come on!

raunchy
raunchy
40 posts
Blacksmith

and its more than just the art. the skills even go along with the concepts they stole the art from.

Showing 1-11 of 11