ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] User Authentication Error?

23 11874
Altwing
Altwing
23 posts
Scribe

I just tried to comment under a game and I could not. What does this mean: " You must authenticate the user or provide author_name and author_email"

I'm already logged in as myself, and ArmorGames already has my e-mail on file: I've been here for like 5 years and I have paid for many Premium Content in games. Anyway, I'd be happy to authenticate myself-- but the place to post comments just says: "You must authenticate the user or provide author_name and author_email" and doesn't give me any place to authenticate.

I'm posting THIS, so clearly I'm logged on. What's the error on the Armor Games side this time?

• 23 Replies
Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

@ferret, same problem over here

http://i61.tinypic.com/5d33v8.jpg

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Andelhofs Please read back over this thread. It's likely a privacy software or browser add-on issue. Please test in another browser, disable all firewall and privacy software.

Andelhofs
Andelhofs
743 posts
King

i have no firewall
don't ask why

relogin did the fix

CannonBall6
CannonBall6
1 posts
Nomad

We can't use the comment in the game. We need to fix and return to comment

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@CannonBall6 Which game? Which comments? This is a very old thread.

EXCON122
EXCON122
1 posts
Nomad

I tried to play a game and when it loaded the screen said "User identification error" how do I fix it? I refreshed, logged out then back in but nothing seems to be working.

kstkst
kstkst
2 posts
Farmer

I tried to play KingsRoad and when it loaded the screen said "User identification error" I refreshed, logged out then back in but nothing seems to be working.

kstkst
kstkst
2 posts
Farmer

I tried to play KingsRoad and when it loaded the screen said "User identification error" I refreshed, logged out then back in but nothing seems to be working.

Showing 16-23 of 23