ForumsThe TavernSo i'm taking up a new hobby...

4 3742
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I dunno to post here or programming or wherever, so I decided her and the mods can move it if they please. But I decided to start making Flash Games as a hobby, and hopefully I want to publish one or two on AG when I get better, but that wont be for at least 3 months. I just want to see how to overall community feels about this, seeing as I have such great game ideas (See Card Frontier; Forum Games) and if people would look forward to these accomplishments, because even if I fail, it'll be fun and learning experience and all that stuff xD

• 4 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

If you can learn the programming required to create playable games, and then actually create playable games, this sounds like a hobby we'll all benefit from. It's hard to look forward to it if we don't know if you know the first thing about using flash or if you'll even follow through with this hobby, but in time, if you can show us that you can turn Card Frontier or one of your other ideas into a well-polished game, you'll be a respected developer in no time.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

what a hobby! It's a challenge, however. Writing code takes a serious amount of time and knowledge.

Plus a fair amount of capital investment in the correct programs and computer.... Don't be like me and go cheap LOL.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I got a friend thats really good with programming, i'm trying to convince him to give me lessons, but we're kinda fighting.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Nice! Do hope you can get to make games. Will play... atleast if i know and is interested.

Showing 1-4 of 4