ForumsGames[the king of towers] Tavern question

11 5631
blimpy
blimpy
13 posts
Peasant

Hi

The Tavern is not random loot when selecting cards is it?
If it is i only loot the same 3 options witch is the cards i don't want.

Its been a week now i only get the boat, cash(100), rainbow ore/earth essence low level gem and rarely other more needed cards.

I just want to know from the Devs if the Tavern loots are random or predetermined before i spend more money on this game or just move on.

• 11 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@blimpy Hi there Blimpy! Welcome to the forum. I'm going to move your Question to the MMO Forum, I hope they can help you. Developers of The King of Towers don't post here, sorry!

blimpy
blimpy
13 posts
Peasant

ok thanks Ferret

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

@blimpy

I'm pretty sure there are predetermined percentages for all the cards. All the common, not good cards have a high percentage and the hero cards and other rare ones have a very very very small percentage. You will probably end up using honor stars to buy them if that's what your after.

blimpy
blimpy
13 posts
Peasant

Your answer makes sense but when i started the game i was able to get Robin Eagleye by looting the tavern cards in a week or so.

Then suddenly each cards i get from the loot are the less needed ones.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

This keeps happening to me as well, I draw the same cards over and over again. I can only assume that after awhile I will get a hero card.

Tho you need 12 for the sorceress and 15 for the cannoneer, it makes it very frustrating when you draw 3 times a day and get the same cards over and over during the duration of a month.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

but when i started the game i was able to get Robin Eagleye by looting the tavern cards in a week or so.

@blimpy I'm highly confident that the percentage for Robin Eagleye was very very high, as to entice you into coming to the tavern more or to buy more draws. I as well got robin eagleye after a few days, his cards coming up once or twice per day.

Tho you need 12 for the sorceress and 15 for the cannoneer, it makes it very frustrating when you draw 3 times a day and get the same cards over and over

As it is frustrating for most free players in all MMOs, most of them are all pay-to-win or simply pay-to-advance. @weirdlike
Terrawar
Terrawar
1 posts
Shepherd

Its a big cheating...i play 6 Month and i dont get no better as ore, essences or other uneeded crap.

kosh271
kosh271
1 posts
Nomad

The cards you get are not random, they are designed to get you at least one hero before they turn to crap.

I think that if you were to start a game and discard two hero cards (the two you are closest to getting, you will eventually get within 1 point for each of the heroes.

GODULIKE
GODULIKE
2 posts
Shepherd

The king of towers is getting to be unplayable as it is so slow. can more resources be allocated to this game as I was really enjoying it?

mimeosd
mimeosd
1 posts
Peasant

Tavern and free loots from 2-3 days ago - totally rigged!
You will get Robin as part of incentives but that is it.
You can unlock other heroes with honor which takes about month or so for Corina.
Or you can do what devs wanted - buy her for 100 usd (which is insane) as you need 1200 diamonds (which comes down to that price).
Wherever you can pay - you will get so so equips and stuff.
Where you to not want to pay and whereever it says lucky,free or anything, you will get s**t! Nothing to do with chances whatsoever!

dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

the tavern is a really clever attempt to make players more likely to buy diamonds with real money. lets say the tavern cards are below where O's are useful, X's are useless, Y's are removed and Z's are flipped - note that there are exactly 4 useless cards:

O O X O X O
X O O O O X

when u remove 2 cards, u would want the cards to look like this:

O O X O Y O
Y O O O O X

now this is where things go unexpected. the tavern cards are NOT uniformly distributed, and useless cards (and robin eagleye's card) have a much higher chance to come up. therefore, the cards will look like this after flipping 2 for free:

O O Z O Y O
Y O O O O Z

see? u always end up with useless cards if u dont pay diamonds.

but when u pay 10 diamonds to remove a 3rd card, the cards would look like this:

O O Y O Y O
Y O O O O X

now because there's only one useless card and u can flip 2 cards, one of the cards will be the useless one, and the other will be one of the useful ones. again, because cards aren't uniformly distributed, u'll flip a useful card that is worse than other useful cards:

Z O Y O Y O
Y O O O O Z

or, u can remove 2 cards from this:

X O O O X O
O X O X O O

and pay 10 diamonds to flip a 3rd card from this:

Y O O O X O
O X O Y O O

the result would be:

Y O O O Z O
Z Z O Y O O

Showing 1-11 of 11