ForumsGamesGCCS Figuring out DMG of gems

5 1628
scooby22
scooby22
2 posts
Nomad

Can someone point me to a link or show me how to figure out the minimum dmg of a gem with all its bonuses.

http://s12.postimg.org/g27lrfd7d/GCCS.jpg

• 5 Replies
bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Just multiply the (min and max) damage with crit, the other bonuses are included. For normal gameplay I use only the max-damage - I'd enrage the monsters till 2e9*1e7= 2e16 = 20.000.000.000.000.000

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Damage : "minimum" - "maximum"

There's your "minimum" damage right there. In your pic, it is 345,854,831.

Maximum damage, on the other hand, for any given hit, will be the "maximum" in the "base" damage, multiplied by your critical damage multiplier. 1,918,386,096 * 11,017,705.63 = 21,136,213,290,412,920.48

Now, I put the words "maximum", "minimum", and "base" in quotation marks for a reason : they're not the actual base values. The displayed values already factor in any bonus from amps as well as any increase due to your bound specials. Poolbound : x59.19 means that due to your mana pool level your gem's minimum, maximum, and other specials are all being multiplied by that 59.19 value. For being in a trap, your damage minimum and maximum is being reduced by that 80%. Your non-bound specials, in addition to being multiplied by that 59.19 poolbound value, are also being multiplied by 4.35 (aka 100% plus 335%) for being in a trap, and by 30% for the Barrage spell on the gem.

I think that if you think about it, you can easily come up with the actual base values for the gem, but why bother? The displayed information is what you really need to know, in any case.

scooby22
scooby22
2 posts
Nomad

ive been trying to enrage waves by trying to find maximum hp's doesnt seem to be working, kill gem just obliterates everything, maybe im not pushing hard enough.

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

That's what a kill gem is supposed to do

Astro posted a rule of thumb in the extreme guide, you can try that (anger to hp about 10x over average damage assuming you have critters 90% slowed). More if you don't use the carapace hardener, but there's no reason not to use that.

That said it's really finicky and you're going to hit a wall of what your comp can handle somewhere anyway (even killing everything off-screen in one hit I get lag with hitpoints in the 10^20 for example). Getting from level 2000 to 3000 isn't hard, but doesn't really change the game. Getting from 3000 to 4000 probably doesn't either, but it takes way more xp than the first does. Just do whatever you find fun with the game is my advice.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Actually, I don't advise 10x the average damage - I suggest using slow gems both right before and right after the killgem trap, and bombing to 10 times the maximum damage.

While it won't get as many hits (thus, hit levels) as the managem, you want to come relatively close to the absolute limit of the killgem in order to build its hit level up. If you are not getting monster HP up high enough, the killgem will kill in one hit. If you are getting monster HP up too high, then they will waltz right on past the killgem with only relatively minor damage. Taking the maximum damage, slowing the enemy down 90%, and getting enemy HP to 10 times your maximum damage ensures that you get at least 10 good hits on each monster, and that you have the time to do so.

Lag, in my experience, is not a factor of monster HP however - instead, it is a factor of how many monsters are on screen.

Showing 1-5 of 5