ForumsGamesGC2CS: Thoughts on mana stream at higher WL?

1 2201
LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

just a thought, but i'm currently in the 800's and working my way to 1k pretty fast, and i'm realizing that 99.99% of your mana comes from orange gems, so is mana stream even worth it once you get to higher levels? i think the points would be better spent in mana gem skill, or bloodbound, or just left unspent for a mana bonus.

• 1 Reply
Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Ok, admittedly I'm a much higher WL than you.

With my skills/talisman setup, currently I start a game with :
82,633 mana,
Mana Pool Level 13,
next MP at 111423
Mana Replenish : 17,815 per minute
Mana Pool XP gain multiplier : x1.36
Talisman XP gain multiplier : x2.48
Mana pool mana gain multiplier : x1.48

Returning to the map and taking those 45 points out of Mana Stream, and putting them nowhere (so I get the mana points), I start a game with :
89,878 mana
Mana Pool Level 11
next MP at 130,595 mana
Mana replenish : 17,794 mana per minute
Mana Pool XP gain multiplier : x1.30
Talisman XP gain multiplier : x2.48
Mana pool mana gain multiplier : x1.40

Taking those points out of Mana Stream skill starts me out with some 7000 more mana or so. That's not a bad thing. However, every other change is for the worse. Lower MP level means that Poolbound (aka White) gems are weaker. It also means that the multipliers based on the MP level are also weaker : mana pool XP and mana pool mana gain multipliers are both based on the MP level. Not only that, but because the mana required to reach the next mana pool level is so much higher, it is that much harder to increase the Poolbound level and the multipliers!

You are quite correct, in that the majority of your mana will come from the mana leech gems, and from throwing a ton of mana at the Mana shard sparks. The Mana Stream skill does not really offer all that much mana to you directly. But by dramatically reducing the mana required to reach each Mana Pool Level, it boosts the multipliers (as well as the power of your White-based gems) and those indirectly give you a lot more than a mere 7000 mana or so.

As I said at the start, I am a bit higher WL than you. I'm at WL 3482 - not the highest of anyone on this board, but certainly up there. Due to my higher WL, my numbers (starting mana, starting MP level, multipliers, etc.) are going to be different from yours. However, if you make the same comparison I just did, you will find the same type of results : a roughly 7000 mana difference, with a drop in starting MP Level, an increase in the mana required to reach the next MP Level, and a drop in the MP-based multipliers.

Showing 1-1 of 1