ForumsGamesGC:CS - update is coming soon :)

29 6725
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

GiaB blog post is telling me that it won't be as bad as we were guessing

• 29 Replies
c00per
c00per
4 posts
Peasant

Yay, even more nerfs! Great job, Peter Keep going. Stuff like almost always getting i.e. r9 frags from 9-34 range is OK, it's supposed to be that way.
Seriously, since when enrage xp is an exploit?

Also, just noticed it for the first time (maybe because it's less this time), but I don't think the XP numbers add up:
http://i.imgur.com/tEiYHxv.jpg

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

Don't worry, it doesn't add right on the main screen bar either

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

it is november where is my GC CS 1.1?

GregW17
GregW17
5 posts
Peasant

Relax, there's still 29 more days of "November" that the patch could come out in.

KissJIbIu
KissJIbIu
1 posts
Peasant

It will be interesting!

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

It will be interesting!

*raises hand in an ominous manner, and then speaks in a creepy monotone*
"may you live in interesting times"
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Losing is FUN, if you know what I mean

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

Eh .. that whole "removal of experience over 10M to 100M" thing has me less interested in playing right now, until the patch.

I want to see what happens to the game before devoting more time to raising my experience level, which when you get right down to it is about all that is left for me to do. Why should I go to a stage where I have some 20 to 40 thousand experience points, and walk away with over 1e12 if he's going to cut that down to something between 1e7 and 1e8?

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

I am in the same place as Astroshak........decided not to bother playing anymore until the new version comes out. feels like a waste of time. Will check it out when it is released, but until then will look for other distractions in the gaming world

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

I don't have this problem as the only thing I wasted time at is getting knowledge rather than xp

dandeliongames
dandeliongames
3 posts
Farmer

I posted a detailed post just before armor games had whatever that problem was (a week ago?). Basically I haven't really grinded hardcore and I haven't exploited the game mechanics a lot (though to some degree permafreeze happens even if not intentionally exploiting it). That said Y6 for me has 1.5 trillion exp... and basically any other map I have completed on haunting is several billion (the next closest to my Y6 score was about 750 billion). I probably only have 10 - 12 haunting levels completed because well... once you get some significant wizard levels under your belt the game doesn't really offer up much challenge, and the extreme lag with too many enemies on the screen makes actual grinding unenjoyable for me.

I generally have faith in gameinabottle but the exp change seems very extreme and despite changes to the exp requirements I think I'll be dropping a lot of levels. It also seems that most of the interesting things added to this version of the game were patched out or nerfed to the point of not much use. So basically hope this patch is something special, to lure me back in (Yeah, I'm complaining about the exp nerf at the same time as I'm admitting it's probably part of what makes this game boring before you even play through the story).

That said, I'm also looking forward to the steam release, can't hardly wait to throw money at gameinabottle (though I'm assuming there is going to be a reason to want to spend extra on the steam version, even if it's just for performance reasons).

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

push!

We want 1.1

TheLaw118
TheLaw118
30 posts
Nomad

well, its December already, and still no word from The devolper. I know somethings pop up unexpected, but I wouldappriciate a headds up if the game is gonna be delayed, then left in the dark. Just my opionon.

I know it said hes aiming for last month, but theres been no new news for over a month now. Some of us have STOPPED playing this game, because we want to see how bad the nerfs will be before we continue playing.

e99r8
e99r8
6 posts
Peasant

I too wanted to play several times last month, but then thought - WTF I'm not gonna play if my XP is being taken away anyway.

I have not used permafreeze a single time so far, yet my highest field XP is 86,000,000,000.
Even I as a casual player would lose about 90% of my total XP if results over 100,000,000 were to be deleted.

So far as I understand it, many players would lose over 99%, and the enthusiasts that spent a lot of time getting ultra-high results would lose virtually everything.

Maybe some kind of conversion Old XP->New XP is in order rather than deleting what customers have worked for.

Showing 16-29 of 29