ForumsGamesNoob (King of towers) Help

9 8824
rudjiekenneth
rudjiekenneth
2 posts
Peasant

I need some help on this I'm level 19 and I'm doing everything I can to understand the mechanics of this game.

Ive been moving slow cant even upgrade my towers without struggling with resources.

If anyone can actually give me some really helpful and clears tips on how to do this is much appreciated.

Ive manage to make my arrow tower and mage tower to tier 3 but no skills yet. Cant even farm that cube thing fast and the black crystal is hard to get.

Some guides for beginners.

• 9 Replies
mindgnome
mindgnome
1 posts
Herald

Basically the way I get the black crystals in by playing fighting pits and getting a rank that gives one black crystal every couple of days and the way you get the blocks if you have to collect them from the missions in the first zone it will say the chances of getting items when you hover over the collections but if you want concrete blocks you have to collect from the ones that have a chance of dropping them. Also at a certain level you can upgrade soldiers and once you upgrade a soldier all the way you can bump them to the next level which increases your battle power by a lot.

rudjiekenneth
rudjiekenneth
2 posts
Peasant

So this is basically a game where you have to wait a large amount of time to actually get going.

I cant find any shorter way of getting resources

ninmarilynfloyd
ninmarilynfloyd
3 posts
Blacksmith

Paying real money to get resources is a much shorter way. Sadly, that's how it goes with these kind of games; time or money.

It's still fun none the less.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Can't buy Dark Soul Crystals though. (You could spend money and probably end up with a stronger army and more chances to move up the rank, but other than that, you're still stuck.) By the time you have enough Dark Soul Crystal, though, you should have collected enough Notch Rocks from daily prizes and taxes.

AlanSmithee
AlanSmithee
5 posts
Blacksmith

Just fyi - at Level 35 other players will start stealing resources from you, including gold. That's the purpose of the 'Prison' building. It doesn't really matter how much you time and money you spend on the game, higher level players will just steal your stuff.

youta_yokodera
youta_yokodera
1 posts
Nomad

This game is bad. It's one thing to have a well-developed micro transaction system to allow the game to continue to function and be updated; I get it, it's a necessary evil.

However, to basically blackmail a player who only wants to play, by making the game unplayable* unless they throw a wad of cash to the developers is pretty heinous. To call something like this "fun" is nothing short of Stockholm Syndrome. That, or you're an Arabian oil prince who wipes their *** with $100 USD notes.

*Unplayable defined as being unable to ACTIVELY play. If you can't continuously play, without spending money, then you're being blackmailed. A good example of a game here on armor that has a &quotay-to-win" system in place but still lets you actively play (with real benefits) is Swords and Potions 2. You don't have a stamina bar that depletes every time you open up your shop.

libralady
libralady
1 posts
Nomad

Thank you youta_yokodera, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Is it just me or does armorgames seem to have a ton of these kinds of forced pay to play games now? They didn't before.

grbghp
grbghp
1 posts
Farmer

tbh if you played the previous versions (kingdom rush), at some point you realize that "king of towers" is the same game only with a lot of effort put into hindering your progress. the entire resource gathering mechanism, the kingdom level, gems and so on, are all there just to make you weaker and slower, while 99% of the playing time is trying to overcome resources and trying to avoid real money traps instead of actually playing the game. in the end it doesn't feel much like tower defense.

Showing 1-8 of 9