ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74240
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Danwar: The weaker creatures fall before you as Trayce, Alissa's friend, casually fights as she is in clear peril. A dark knight breaks off to fight you, sword pointed towards you as he guards with his sword. Alissa in the background slides the sword further into her stomach and grabs the dark knight's head and snaps it clean off.

Jack: Halcine stares at him with severity and disgust as he looks back at you "I will hold you to the that promise." the Dremonian doesn't say anything to her "Strangely I have in knowledge in everything but my past." he sighs "I will be of no help, if I bleed out...the..adrenaline is running out." he weakly says.

Razor: She chuckles softly, her eyes still closed "Don't mention it...oh an good luck." she says before you leave. You land far enough away not to draw attention, the fort is elaborate however ancient and decaying. You can spot a dragon-slaying ballista on the highest tower but it is unloaded.

Stratos: His hands comes back out his pocket, his hand clenched "I know what that envelope holds, now give it here..." he says, his voice whispy

Nivlac: With the power from your new jewerly, you send mach speed winds down the tunnels, and it rips open the earth and with your vision you spot the would-be captors a few miles down the road, disoriented and hurt.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I put my hand on his wounds and use my heal magic. "You are a curious person then."

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

dark knight breaks off to fight you, sword pointed towards you as he guards with his sword

How does one point a tip of a sword at somebody while guarding with it simultaneously?

I attempt to feircely swing my sword at his to knock it out of his hand.If that fails,i attempt to backflip away and shoot a fireball at him.If that fails...I'm probably ded.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

I take a look around and count any bandits I can see in the fort. After taking the count I use my innate frost dragon senses to determine when the next blizzard will hit.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I fly to them and create a flaming cage around them.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

"..."
I try to walk back as ordinarily as possible.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Jack: He stifles a small grunt of pain, laughing weakly "Tell me about it. I only knew that a Daemon was evil and I was not, still my anger tends to get the best of me sometimes.." he indirectly apologizes. Halcine watches carefully as you heal him, her eyes glaring him down. if he wasn't a daemon, she still held no love for his kind.

Danwar: (sorry, I meant the sword is pointed at you while he guards with his shield)

The dark knight strength's prevent your initial tactic from working however when you backflip and launch your fireball, it is a direct hit as a contorted, inhuman scream confirms, The blow has caused severe damage to the dark knight as it kneel on one legs, supporting its weight on its sword. Alissa meanwhile has slide out the sword that had impaled her, her breathing heavier as she is faced with two dark knights that have their focus on her. Behind you Trayce has finished cleaning up the weaker undead.

Razor:You sense that a blizzard will be arriving but not immediately when you hear a voice behind you "I can hardly believe the old dragon sent you such a mission, he must see something in you." it was the female dragon from before, the sound coming from behind you.

Nivlac: The geomancers put up little of a fight as your cage surrounds them. They were still disoriented as they struggled to get up.

Stratos: The man disappears in the opposite way, as you merge back into the crowd. There was still the trek to the artifact site.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"I will need to take your weapon from you if you are to return to the town with us, people will be nervous of you just being there, let alone you being armed." I say placing my hammer in my belt, my hand extending toward his weapon.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I ask what they want t\with phoenixes.

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

I yell to Trace,"Go help Assila, I'll join once i'm done with this one!"I then attempt to strike the knight with my scimitar,looking for weak points to exploit.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I see for a place to rest.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"What is it?" i ask kindly "Would you prefer spending time trying to bury them?"

(Sorry i have been gone so long, i will try to get on as much as i can)

danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

Bump..Hope mardex comes back

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Bump..Hope mardex comes back
@danwar123 1) It's Mordex, 2) He disappears for a while and then returns, don't worry he'll be back. Just be patient.
danwar123
danwar123
3,075 posts
Jester

@mordex is taking so long tho.I worried.

Showing 316-330 of 333