ForumsForum GamesArcana (Magic RP)

333 74246
Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Humanity in its early days struggled against the foundations of powerful civilizations that had been for centuries before them. It was only through the gift of magic that they were able to put their stake in the worId which became the first human city, Ithradine. From here they thrived until four tribes joined the infant kingdom each skilled in one of the four base magics, Pyromancy, Geomancy, Hyrdomancy, and lastly Aeromancy. These four 'families' became the main aristocracy and when the king died without an heir, he left in place a system to allow them all to keep power called the Magistrate. The Magistrate is led by a 'Magister' who is elected among the citizens however only the four families have ever gotten to have magisters. In this kingdom called Arcana, the four families, House Pyrane, House Oceanus, House Windel, and House Terra, keep a strained peace with the newest magister being Jerrick of House Pyrane. He leads Arcana on the path of war against the many monsters that lie beyond the ctiy's walls. Any adventurers are now given a guardian should they chose to leave the kingdom. You are one of many citizens within the kingdom, how will you make your mark upon it and the many races in and around it?

Welcome to the land of Arcane where the future is yours to shape whether in evil or good. In Acana, your character is entirely up to you however there is a few rules that I ask everyone follow:

1. You can't start off as one of the heads of government
2. There is no killing off another's character unless you both agree
2.1 In you get into combat with a story character (one that I create), I will allow some to be killed but only after serious fight
2.2 You cannot force another character to do anything
3. Character pictures are encouraged but keep it appropriate
4. Have Fun!
Okay now for the character sheet:

Name:
Class (Battlemage, Sage, Assassin, Warrior, Dark Dragon, etc. Up to You)
Race: (Human, Elf, Dragon, Dwarf, etc.)
Bio: (Character's History, Personality, and ablilities)
Apperance (What your character's features are, armor, weapons, etc.)

Anyone can join at any time but it will not start until at least 2 join. If you want to make and enjoy a interacitve story, this is for you.

• 333 Replies
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

how much for both?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I summon The Book Of Laws and recite the many misdeeds in front of me, "Murder, pillaging, assault, unauthorized use of elements, destruction of property, etc. You are judged! You are to be sentenced to death!" I bellow at the top of my lungs. I attempt to use execute on the attackers. I then use the rallying shout as I charge the attackers unsheathing my hammer. "Come my brothers of justice! Let us smite those who go against the rule!"

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Silver199; You notice her aura is exceptionally strong and as she absorbs the fire, it increases for a moment before hiding itself. She just finished the apple and was taking a sip of wine when you sat down "Cisna. My name is Cisna" her voicing now sounding fuller. She looks directly at you, her eyes staring seemingly through the disguise and smiles as she bites into a loaf of bread.

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"Well Cisna." I smile as the name seems familiar "That's a beautiful name, do you mind telling me how you got into this situation?" i also hand her the dress.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Nivlac: "I will give them to you for 2 gold pieces if you give me one of your feathers." he offers

JACK: The citizens behind the barricade and the guards protecting it are shocked at your arrival. The enemies you can see fall dead, as if they had been just hanged. The soldiers inspired by your confidence charge across the bridge into the town. You are met with more of the aggresors, three immediately charge you from the group, your forces are outnumbered 10 to 1

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

"Lay down your arms and submit to the law! My father looks kindly on those who admit their faults. Those who do not shall face his wrath through my hammer!" I shout, I prepare another execution if they do not submit.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Silver199: Cisna from what you can tell blushed slightly at your compliment, and upon receiving the dress held it tightly, almodt hugging it before she realized you were still there. She lowers her head before saying "I..dont't know. One day I'm with my family eating dinner then before I know it...They said I was 'special' and I will serve the master nicely." She says this with obivous distress to the point you can see tears forming in her eyes

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Posting from my phone, so posts will come more slowly)
JACK: The attackers laugh at your words and before you know it, a mace is swinging towards your head. The guards are fighting bravely, managing to keep a line of combat even through the attackers brutality. You manage to spot a massive beast, barely human, coming towards you. Armor is fused with his flesh, he is wielding a massive pike and this unholy demon has his eyss on you

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

"Its alright Cisna, your safe now, they can't hurt you anymore."
I walk behind on of the tents giving her privacy to change and call out "Do you remember where you live?"

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I duck the mace and use execution, knowing battle has started I still attempt it. I then extend my hammer to two feat and swing at my attacker hoping to deal with him before the beast is upon me. "THEN DIE!"

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

"Deal", I say "but what do you want one of my feathers for?" I ask

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

Silver199: She simply returns a smile as you get and disappear behind the tents, she takes the dress and changed out of her clothes. She calls back "Its a long way from here but it doesn't...exist anymore. I'm done by the way if you want to come back out." She adjusts the dress one more time , it surprisingly fits her perfectly

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

me?

silver199
silver199
1,036 posts
Nomad

I walk back out and ask "What happened to it? and is there anyplace you know you will be safe?" i sit down and drink some water.

Mordex
Mordex
605 posts
Nomad

(Sorry Nivlac) The shopkeeper smiles ever do creepily "Excellent. Well, Phoenix Feathers have some amazing properties when used the right way which can make them very valuable." He gathers the necklace and ring and puts them in a wooden box "Here's the gold pieces. As for th feather, he must give you that." Chari says

JACK: Execution serves only to give a severe shock to the troops, momentarily stopping their charge. Your hammer smashes through your assailant and the guards taking the oppurtunity are able to push back the attackers. The grunts fall underneath them and abomination edges so very closer. There is still a large force ahead of you but the tide is definitely turning.

Silver199: She sits down as well right next to you "Necromancers invaded with a brutal army of monsters. We were an obstacle in their way, many of fled in the confusion. They kept yelling about 'blood for the master'." Her hands make tight fists "I don't know where, this land is forerign to me. Can't I stay with you?" She asks hopefully

Showing 61-75 of 333