ForumsGamesGemcraft CS: Disabling Tower Shots?

5 1417
kooook865
kooook865
4 posts
Peasant

Is there anyway to disable the graphic portion of tower shots? It would greatly improve my ability to play due to a massive increase in fps.

• 5 Replies
bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Look at the options menu, there you find "force minimum visual settings"

kooook865
kooook865
4 posts
Peasant

I'm already on force minimum visual settings. But, tower shots just lag the game with their massive numbers from the higher grade gems.

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

What are your towers set to shoot at?

Closest to Orb, Giants, Swarmlings, Buildings, those are all ok to use.

Fliers/Spires/Orblets is one you want to avoid at all costs. It produces a ton of slowdown.

LucaDiv
LucaDiv
31 posts
Nomad

well that last one is fine.... when it's actually shooting as flying ones/spires, but if there are none on the field that it gets VERY laggy even with just a couple hundred monsters, let alone the thousands and tens of thousands that some people have... still, avoid at all costs when you have 100+ monsters on the field...

UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

It depends on cpu mostly, even random and killing off screen I get some lag with 1k monsters/wave when hitpoints are more than 10^30.

What patch version are you playing as well? If it's earlier than 1.0.18, tower gems with more than 100 fire rate (i.e. anything useful) are stupid laggy even with one monster to shoot at.

Showing 1-5 of 5