ForumsGamesGC:CS X7 glaring

4 1541
scoobyeww
scoobyeww
1 posts
Shepherd

I've beaten glaring on every map available to me, except for X7. I've tried single kill gems that have a mixture of critical/bloodbound/chain, critical/poolbound/chain, or critical/chain (and jack the skill points up on the corresponding gem types). I've tried using two to three kill gems. I've tried using mana farm traps and also armor shredding traps. Getting my butt kicked around level 80.

I'm currently at wizard level 122. I max out mana stream. I have resonance, true colors, and fusion up fairly high. I have a few points in bolt, wake of eternity, and amplifiers.

Any suggestions on how to get past this one?

• 4 Replies
UgAhgItHurts
UgAhgItHurts
259 posts
Peasant

It's a tough one, but should be doable (shields galore make it rough and they get fast), I've done it without premium at around that level where you won't have red or white, this should be cake.

I block the left side of the orb first. Might be better off starting chain/blood or chain/pool if you can't keep up with a pure crit. Pure mana gem for beam use (set to lowest hp or random to hit shields). Slow traps, one where paths meet then two more each side back to the indestructible nests. When you can make an extra grade 6 gem use it to clear the other monster nests.

After you get established and ready to make a grade 8 gem, pure crit. Try to save your freeze for really fast shielded waves because that's when you'll need it (bombard them from tower).

Granted it's premium, that's probably way too conservative an approach...just anger, anger, anger and kill with a or/black trap with a touch of red

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

it's not premium cause there's no haunting I guess :P and if it was premium he'd use our exploits already

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

What about spending some skills in crit-hit?
And: It IS premium, without mp, x7 does not have chain gems!
And I have just tried it w/o mp, WL 61... No way

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Hm
Tried to reach WL 120 (MP slot) - accidentally went from WL 100 to 473 (map Y4)- sorry...

Showing 1-4 of 4