ForumsGame WalkthroughsThe Awakening RPG walkthrough

9 28628
RockLou
RockLou
29 posts
Nomad

I don't know if it's common for the actual creators to submit walkthroughs... But I made an encyclopedia of sorts, for my game The Awakening.

-Awakening Wiki

I started it so I could simply sort and store information about the game, because there is A LOT. I kind of went too far with the wiki, pretty much like I did with the game itself! :P
So I thought I could put some tidbits here. I considered putting the entire walkthrough here, but it's waaay too long. I'll just link you to it.
-walkthrough
-list of sidequests
-items

So here's a couple of tips for you:
There is an extensive cheating system in the game, there's a hidden button in your inventory.
http://rocklou.com/awakening/Pics/Article_images/cheat.jpg
Click it and submit a cheat code, and you can manipulate almost anything.
Look here for the list of codes.

Strongest sword
Completing the game on the Hard difficulty (without ever changing the difficulty) will give you the Soulcleaver sword at the end, the strongest sword in the game.

Digging sites
There's a shovel you can find at the Fisher House. Use it to dig up hidden treasures, look for an X on the ground.
The 9 digging sites are:
8 Pix - Where you find the shovel.
1 Limit Boost - Next to the chair just outside the Fisher house.
2 Potions - In front of the Goldbrim bridge.
2 Ether - At the explosion site in Everthorn forest.
10 Pix - In Blackwhisper Cave in the second part of the cave, near the most southern path.
25 Pix - In the crater in Blackwhisper cave.
20 Pix - In front of Gibdo (the fat creature that blocks the mountain path).
2 potions - Right next to your Savina house.
20 Pix - At the Nightshade Cemetary near the tree. Can be found during the "X marks the spot" sidequest.

Concocting potions
You can concoct potions in the game with collectible mushrooms and butterflies. But you never really learn what ingredient is good for what kind of potion...
Arbog Finger mushrooms, brown in color, they are good for making Ethers.
Bloodsprout mushrooms, red mushrooms that are good for making Health potions.
Moonflame Stalk mushrooms, bioluminescent mushrooms found in caves. They are good for making Elixirs.
Spider Cap mushrooms, brown mushrooms, are also good for Health Potions.
The Suncrest and Red Pearl butterflies are both good for Limit Boosts.

Funny sidequest
After the main story of the game, you will see a guy called Podler in the Golden Apple inn in Bavelock. Talking to him will start my favorite sidequest... check it out if you're interested.

I'm struggling with what else to put here that wouldn't take up too much space. There's so much... Look at the wiki if you're wondering something, or ask me.
Or if you have played the game and found something interesting, feel free to share it.

• 9 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

It's too bad the game's not finished, it had a lot of potential and I really liked it a lot. Reminded me of the classic old RPG flash games.

RockLou
RockLou
29 posts
Nomad

Yepp, I've heard that sentiment approximately 10 million times by now.
It's really flattering that you say that, but the game is getting too big and the Flash program can't really handle it. It lags when I'm working on the game, which makes development very slow.
Anyways, I'm glad it reminded you of old-school RPG games. That's what I was going for.

JEJE82
JEJE82
1 posts
Shepherd

[b]

xUndefined69x
xUndefined69x
1 posts
Nomad

So Lou, quick question, are you a Skyrim fan

RockLou
RockLou
29 posts
Nomad

haha yes! Of course.

Slayer7457
Slayer7457
2 posts
Peasant

I know I shouldn't ask this but can you tell me where your at in the first town, RockLou? Also is it okay if I can call ya by your first name?

RockLou
RockLou
29 posts
Nomad

@Slayer7457 I'm in the far upper-right in the city.

http://rocklou.com/awakening/?see=bavelock
Look at the picture of the city, you can see me standing in an alley.

Of course you can call me by my first name if you want!

Slayer7457
Slayer7457
2 posts
Peasant

@RockLou Thanks!

Fadi_8062
Fadi_8062
1 posts
Peasant

if only the game get fixed the white screen make me crazy i only play the game one time and it was so cool but it wont open now it stuck on the stupid white screen can anyone help me at these i try most browser and nothing change help me pleas

Showing 1-9 of 9