ForumsGamesF-Hextile revisited

92 15024
bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Hi,
As I do not want to spend some weeks on endurance runs till 1.1 anymore, I've revisited the old F-hextile only slot...
Amazing, how far I can get... At the moment, I have reached WL 107, and I am pretty sure, I will add some more WL...
http://s3.postimg.org/6nqb30pwj/f_hextile_wl107.jpg

Greetings from the shire

Sorry for new post - I did not find the old thread...

• 92 Replies
jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

what grade of gems are you gents bombing with at various stages of these runs. To date i have only been bombing with grade 1 gems, and have only successfully gotten up to 20 gems/wave. Currently i am at wl 241 on this.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

I use g2 from around w5 on, as soon as the higher grade pays back (and I can handle the higher amount of monsters), I use higher grades. Later, with running manafarm, I use high grade gems for mass-enraging and throw g1 for more beacons until hp (or armor) exceeds my limits!

tulamide
tulamide
37 posts
Shepherd

I do almost the same as bilbo, except that I start with 5x G1 at w1, 5x G2 at w2, 5x G3 at w3, then I change to 10x and use higher grades just as bilbo explained (but I never exceed the number 10). At the end I enrage with G1s for the beacons.

tulamide
tulamide
37 posts
Shepherd

"You used a circular manaferm to endurance?"
@719 No, I don't dare to do it. I'm afraid to not be able to keep a balance (banishment cost raises so quickly).

39 posts
Herald

Manaferm compensates for this, at the highest skills and the right approach - 30G will collapse when the balance)

About enrage, first G1, if before the wave is 5000 mana - that G2, then the whole mana goes into creating manaferm, and then when you need to make a wave circulation I use G5-6, to make 999 monsters with 100 million HP.
Endurance - G18,21,23 (depending on the availability of mana) to have been 999 monsters, after the parties seek to 15-25 G1 to limit health which will kill my killgem, or to the number of beacons that breaks on the field (on the F4 is about 50 beacons).

39 posts
Herald

And by the way compression schemes are useless in my opinion here. Increase specials offset by a decrease firing speed.

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

still plugging along here. Up to WL 365, and laughing at how in the first one of these I was so excited to get into the 80's.

Havent put a huge amount of effort into it, but not getting far with achievements, only have 148 pts so far.

Might take a wee break and chase beating an endurance run seeing the success of someone on another recent thread. only 2 wl away from 10000 in that one, so need to take care of that so i can call my self "elite" as Luca did lol

tulamide
tulamide
37 posts
Shepherd

Yes, I'm also still going on f-hex. Just made wl 509, but I am far away from the xp results, the others got here. Max xp was 78 million so far (without orblet trait and looping monsters pre-endurance)

39 posts
Herald

By the way more suited + 75% XP from fragments) And as a miracle which will give 1-4 shrine giving experience) When I took 10e9 experience, I had 4 of these)))) per activation of all four shrine I was getting 37 million experience))) Well, when the field was already 125,000 monsters)))

tulamide
tulamide
37 posts
Shepherd

Somehow hit a wall. WL 521, and can't make any progress. Outcome always at current maximum -> no gain.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Maybe redistribution of skills might be helpful?
I went to 595 with the "classic strategy". And even in classic mode, there is still more to earn.
In my last f-runs, I found myself to impatient and enraged to far... But I'll be back someday!

tulamide
tulamide
37 posts
Shepherd

@bilboCGL
I don't really know what you mean by "classic strategy". Is it the standard 'u'-upgrading?
Regarding skills: I'm not sure, what I could change. I have mana stream and fusion maxed. Masonry on 30. If I play on trap fieds like f1 or f4 I have traps maxed and chain hit on 18, else the other way around. Any tip?

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

I've spent 18 skillpoints on masonry, always a little more on chain (atm, at WL 595 there are 42 skillpoints while the other three skills - traps, mana and fusion - are maxed). I typically start with a g5 gem and enough mana to enrage with 9 g1 gems. So I guess, there is not so much room to change something for you.
WIth "classic strategy" I mean both traits maxed, no "circular manafarm", just shoot the monsters and try to kill them all...

tulamide
tulamide
37 posts
Shepherd

I see. Yes, I do the "classic strategy" also. I tried the circular manafarm a few times, but only one time was successful. And then I ended with just a little more xp, although much further into endurance...probably because of the missing multiplier.

I will lower masonry a bit, let's see if it is helpful. Thank you

tulamide
tulamide
37 posts
Shepherd

Can't believe it worked!

After your post I thought about what I could change in my setup. I made just one tiny change: I raised the share of red in my mana farm gems from 1/16th to 1/8th. With the result, that I could more than double my xp outcome on F1 from 45 million to 110 million!

I'm WL 592 now.

Now I really wonder what else I could probably improve?

Showing 76-90 of 92