ForumsForum GamesThe Worst Saying Ever

13 3855
coppersmoke
coppersmoke
28 posts
Farmer

Roses are red, Your blood is too. You look like a monkey, and belong in a zoo.

• 13 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I think this is better suited in the Forum Games section... right @coppersmoke?

AHomoSapien
AHomoSapien
854 posts
Shepherd

You know what they say...

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

ehh....I'm pretty sure this should be in the Tavern, like really sure.
---

It really bothers me when people say "I could care less". The right way is "I couldn't care less". With the first way you're basically saying that you do care about it to a certain extent, which is the opposite of what you're trying to say. If you can't care any less that means you've hit the bottom of your scale of how much you can possibly care, if that makes sense.

AHomoSapien
AHomoSapien
854 posts
Shepherd

I really, really don't like the phrase "Do you mind if..."
Because, if I don't mind, in my opinion the correct answer should be "no" but for some odd annoying reason "yes" is actually I don't mind... I don't get it.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

one thing led to another.

"Me and her were at work and one thing led to another, she was dead in my arms."

The reason I asked you what happened was so that I knew the in between of the story. -__-

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

"Like"
Like, isn't it like so annoying like when like, people use "like", like very other word! GRRR!

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

"Dude"
ie: Dude 1: "Hey dude we should hang out sometime with some dudes" Dude 2: "ok dude, meet you and the dudes in an hour" Dude 1: "alright dude, see ya"

It's a pet peeve of mine, and I especially don't like being called it, it feels the person saying it is neglecting my femininity

play_ggames
play_ggames
30 posts
Nomad

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

What could possibly go wrong..... CAUSE ANYTHING CAN GO WRONG!

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

"Bae"
Not sure if this is a thing in other countries, but in America, people sometimes refer to their boyfriend or girlfriend as their bae. I have no clue why I hate this, I just do.

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

We use that ^ as "someone who you are very close to", so closer than a friend, but not a partner.

"If you know what I mean" When I obviously don't know at all. Especially if it is an innuendo.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

"literally" when used figuratively, it's counterintuitive

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

"Can I be honest with you?"

No!!! Please LIE to me!

Showing 1-13 of 13