ForumsThe TavernNeed help in finding a laptop

6 3609
Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Hello! I am a student who is looking to do a bit of light gaming on the side... After purchasing a laptop that did not fit what I was looking for, I decided to look for something a tad more expensive. My budget is up to $400- money is running a little bit low for me as far as budgeting.
Anyways, here are the links to the two websites for the two laptops that are in highest consideration.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/473950/Toshiba-Satellite-L55-Laptop-Computer-With/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-touchsmart-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-amd-a8-series-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black-licorice/8458133.p?id=1219336314446&skuId=8458133

Thanks a lot!! Any advice would be appreciated!

• 6 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5243NR. It cost $408. I would recommend it to friend (or you) without a second thought. This laptop works very well for flash games (like the ones on Armor Games) or 3D games (like Asphalt 8). It is very fast and has served me well this past year that I've owned it. The only downside is the sound quality. The speakers (and headphones if you plug them in) sound cruddy. I have a lot more that I could ramble on about this laptop, but I'll stop now Let me know if you if you have any more questions about this laptop!

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Have you ever tried downloading any games such as league of legends or minecraft? If so do these games work?

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Have you ever tried downloading any games such as league of legends or minecraft? If so do these games work?

I've downloaded Asphalt 8 Airborne from the Microsoft store. It works quite well and rarely ever glitches. I had so much fun playing it that I completed the main mode (9 seasons) in 2 weeks.
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

League of Legends should play fine on the laptop described by @themastaplaya. Though he should specify more specs

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Though he should specify more specs

I listed the exact model number of my laptop. If you want all the specs, you can look them up yourself.
Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Nah I got em right here

Item # 473950
Manufacturer # L55-B5267
processor brand Intel
processor model core i3-4025U
diagonal screen size 15.6 inches
memory 6 GB
hard drive capacity 750 GB