ForumsForum GamesChronicles of Katlega: Act 1- Signup

42 12235
Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Welcome, and thank you for visiting this thread.

This is a forum game signup for the Chronicles of Katlega role playing game. The actual game will be starting on JANUARY 14 .

Note- Our staff has decided that TWO Game Masters will be acting as the referees instead of the normal one game master. That being said, we can support a large amount of players, but not too many. If too many players sign up, we will be forced to select the best backstories for the game.

WHAT IS CHRONICLES OF KATLEGA? Katlega is a tabletop roleplaying game formatted for forum play. That being said, we have created a modified version of D&D 3.5. But instead of keeping focus on stats and numbers- we are directing our attention on the story.

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR- Anybody can play, and at any time someone can join, although there will be ingame benefits to those that sign up here. Those who are more active in the game will be more important to the game’s storyline. That being said, players will actively influence the world of Katlega.

WHAT EXACTLY IS KATLEGA- Katlega is a world comprised of beings much like you and I- There are aspects of fantasy within this world but it has a close resemblance to the world you and I call home.

HOW DO I JOIN?- Fill out the character sheet below.

Name- What you are called be your peers

Age- Your physical age

Gender- What sex you are

College Major, if applicable- What did you graduate with? Did you go onto masters? Details is key

Job, if applicable- Are you employed? If so, then doing what?

Reason for Cruistar- *SEE BELOW*

Physical Appearance- Could be within backstory

Backstory- Everything that makes your character who they are. Key events in their life, relationships, anything. Again, details are key.

*Reason for Cruistar*

At the start of the game all of the players are on a cruise ship. It is June 15, 2015 when the cruise ship (named Cruistar) leaves the port of California and heads towards Japan. Not long (perhaps 5-6 hours) after the ship leaves something strange happens. A massive rogue whirlpool engulfs part of the ship- the part the players were on.

After the stunned and possibly injured survivors wake up- they are in a strange new land. This land is called Katlega- and the players lives will never be the same.

Therefore- what are your reasons for going on this cruise?

We hope that you will consider joining this game!

Questions can be posted here as well!
Remember the game will be starting January 14, 2015 and if too any player join then we will be releasing the list of accepted players a little bit before that!
Have a nice day!

-Erabor & the Chronicles of Katlega staff.

EDIT 1- Players do not need to know D&D 3.5 mechanics to play.

• 42 Replies
etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

hey guys, just a heads up, later on i may be forced to pull out because of schedule. either that or become inactive. sorry.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

hey guys, just a heads up, later on i may be forced to pull out because of schedule. either that or become inactive. sorry.

No problem. You kid sit in the background or I could control you as an NPC

@etg2002 Jack means that its potentially unfair to just have a bag of 'minor' things because it means you could pull out 'minor' gadgets whenever it seems beneficial.
Im not opposed to starting with tools, but at least specify or I will for you.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

@Erabor alright, here are all the tools: drain cleaner, spray sunscreen, lighter, flashlight, pocketknife, and a notepad and pencil.

info on them(for fun): the spray sunscreen IS flammable. most are. Drain cleaner is about 2 feet long. the flashlight has a 25 hour life and can put out 50 Lumens of light. pocketknife doubles as a pair of tweezers. notepad and pencil? pencil is mechanical, and uses a special system (complicated, but a indefinite pencil is cool.) to make sure it never runs out of lead. and the notepad is 100 pages long. oh, and lighter has enough fuel for 5 hours of continuous burn.

OK. i may do that.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

@etg2002 What if the pencil wasnt indefinite, but 'ran' on something easy to find? Like water?
STEAM POWERED PENCIL 2000

Haha just messing with you. Pick up that idea if you want. But it defies physics to have something that never ends without some sort of fuel or trigger, etc.
But yeah its not that big of a deal. Better than laser arms.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

@Erabor, fun idea, but i would like to introduce to you something called a string dimension. basically... you know. forget it. just know this. it is bigger (WY BIGGER) on the inside. TARDIS PENCIL WITH A LOT MORE LEAD!

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

fun idea, but i would like to introduce to you something called a string dimension. basically... you know. forget it. just know this. it is bigger (WY BIGGER) on the inside. TARDIS PENCIL WITH A LOT MORE LEAD!

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I am quasi-familiar with string theory.
String theory inside a pencil would not give it more lead... String theory is what composes everything on a very small level. Theoretically everything is composed of strings.
A time machine pencil.
No.

If you guys know anyone else that would want to play, signups end on January 10, with the game starting January 14

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Name- Viet Anh

Age- 22

Gender- Male

College Major, if applicable- None

Job, if applicable- Assassin

Reason for Cruistar- *SEE BELOW*

Physical Appearance- 180 cm, black eyes, black hair, average build, jacket and jeans,

Backstory- Born in one of the highest ranked families in the assassin clan known as the "Red Blades" known for their merciless killing and being able to tame dragons and other animals to fight alongside them, Viet Anh was raised with strict discipline, at the age of 5, he was already taught techniques on how to kill such as sprinting silently without making a sound, lowering heart beat, acupuncture, etc... Skilled in almost all martial arts and having mastered all sorts of weapons, Viet Anh quickly rose on top of the clan to be the most respected killer. One day, he received a mission from the elder, to kill a man who has brought threat to the clan, the man who will be boarding a cruise ship...

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

A time machine pencil.
No.

i was refering to the fact that it is 76.6 times bigger on the inside.

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

@sasukemystery
To have a character like that you may start the game injured. Once you heal, however, you will be powerful.

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Name- Demi Cooper

Age- 23

Gender- Male

College Major, NA

Job, if applicable- security guard

Reason for Cruistar- got a job on the ship as a guard.

Physical Appearance- 5ft 10in with a slightly muscular build. has short black hair. one eye is blue and the other is green. Has a scar on his hand for a childhood accident.

Backstory- Demi was raised in the country side of oklahoma. He spent his childhood hunting, fishing and playing in the woods. Learning how to use guns and set traps. As well as how to track. At the age of ten his father gave him a knife for his birthday. Which he learned to use well. Demi is a talkative person with a just go with the flow attitude. Demi never went to collage instead joined the military but was discharge after a few problems arose one of which was his temper. So now he works as a rent a cop.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

@Erabor ~ That's fine, but do you think you'll be active in running this? It seems really fun but I don't want it to end half way

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

That's fine, but do you think you'll be active in running this? It seems really fun but I don't want it to end half way

Life can get tough, but I plan on being active every day, unless an irl event happens. But yes, I sure do plan on being active.
@RazorLash Thank you!
Showing 31-42 of 42