ForumsGamesUnderage Gaming: Should Kids Play CoD?

35 10399
Seashark001
Seashark001
613 posts
Nomad

This recently came to me after I had a rage about what a woman had said in an article about the Lizard Squad Gaming Attacks.

In this article a woman was quoted to have said that her 8 year son and his friend had waited all month to get their xBox One for Christmas, Battlefield (yes, i know its a PS exclusive, but bear with me) planning to play Call of Duty, Destiny and similar style games together.

I personally object to this for several reasons:

a) These kids are way too young to play these games. As a 14 year old myself, I do play 16-rated games, but I see myself as an intelligent, savvy child who knows that this should never be done, whereas I see younger children entirely immersing themselves in these worlds, playing games in which they stab each other, use profane language at each other and act as if the game itself is real.

b) As far as I am aware, these kids were also too young to use xBox Live party chat, allowing them to talk with anyone they invite to their chat, and, in multiplayer games, anyone (because I believe the age required is 14).

c) I am sorry, but they are hell to play with if you have multiplayer chat enabled. I am not intending for this to sound ageist, but this is one of my personal views.

I am really just venting my anger, but I also want to know what the Armorian community think about this.

• 35 Replies
Showing 46-45 of 35