ForumsThe TavernGame of the Year 2014: Discussion

22 9997
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

R2 just pointed out to me that the Game of the Year 2014 contest has started. What did you vote for and why?

Vote now!

• 22 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Oooh my gawd! Guys! Clancy made a thread! CHILDREN ARE BEING BORN!

Anyway, today I voted Clicker Heroes and I voted Last Door Chapter 4 for that second small poll thing. Does anyone know what the second one is for?

I have a feeling either Clicker Heroes or GC:CS will win.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

First one is overall GotY, second one is per catagory.

I didn't play much this year, but a couple opinions of my own.

I sincerely hope Raze 3 fails to win the shooting catagory, Sky9 handled it extremely poorly and delivered an inferior sequel in most matters including Gameplay, Level Design, Story, difficulty, balance, and originality. I would give that catagory to Dead Zed 2 since I played and enjoyed that game.

I also do not approve of GC:CS, maybe I may just suck, but the fact that the Flash Games section was pretty much shut down and most of the guides I mentioned were utilizing the premium content.

Also, premium content *ding*

~~~Darth Caedus

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

My votes:
SkyQuest... clicker heroes is simply not my cup of tea.
Last Door Chapter 4, nice game and its the best of the picks.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

For the first one I voted for Sky Quest. I've been " playing" Clicker Heroes for months and it very boring. Hardly a game really.... Sky Quest is better, although is starting to require some farming.

I didn't vote for anything for the second one as I haven't played any of the games and haven't the time to play them all before tomorrow.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Second round:

Decision 3, i rly like it.
Decision: Medieval... hard to decide between 3 and medieval, but at least the theme make the decision

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Second round didn't have many games I've played except decision, and I hate most top down games. So I checked out the others and went with the next best thing. Can't believe Clicker heroes beat Sky quest.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Mighty Knight for both.

Can't believe Clicker heroes beat Sky quest.

Well seeing as 11 million people played Clicker Heroes and only about 900k played Sky Quest and Clicker Heroes has a .1 higher than Sky Quest... I'm not surprised.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

For the second round I voted Mighty Knight and Decision: Medieval. I haven't played Mighty Knight, but I was really disappointed with Decision 3. On the other hand, Decision: Medieval was pretty good.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Well seeing as 11 million people played Clicker Heroes and only about 900k played Sky Quest and Clicker Heroes has a .1 higher than Sky Quest... I'm not surprised.

Plays =/= players, but Clicker Heroes was still the day 1 favorite.

Also, Day 3 just began and I got the first vote in, voting GemCraft Chasing Shadows for head-to-head and Epic Boss Fighter for shooting.

In addition, something weird happened in Day 2: Mighty Knight beat Decision 3 in the head-to-head, but in the action category, it was the other way around.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Skipped the first one as I didn't know the first game but I wasn't going to vote for GC:CS.

The second one I voted for Epic Boss Fighter.

Day 2: Mighty Knight beat Decision 3 in the head-to-head, but in the action category, it was the other way around.

Wat. Voters are weird.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I voted for Sentry Knight 2 and Clicker Heroes.

Also it seems so far I'm right about Clicker Heroes and GC:CH going 1on1.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Looks like it was really close yesterday between Raze 3 and Sky Quest.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Yesterday's Shooting catagory is a disappointment.

I am severely disappointed in the votes cast.

~~~Darth Caedus

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

What does everybody think is going to win GOTY?

WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

Clicker heroes. But game is nothing special. It is really dumb but also adicting.

Showing 1-15 of 22