ForumsThe TavernPublic Restrooms

36 11522
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So am I the only one that doesn't like public restrooms?

I just find them really disgusting and usually when there's another guy in there and I need to pee, I just can't pee. I feel like I have to go but I just can't.

This might be a bit personal to you guys, so if you don't want to post I understand. Wow that sounded very sad.

• 36 Replies
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

@daleks same

Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

And, uh, no, it's actually really awkward having to go up to the manager of a restaurant and say "Hey, um, your, uh, toilet's really clogged up. You, um, might want to get that checked out."

I don't think this would be too awkward unless you decided to mention you are the one who clogged it. Telling the staff the bathroom needs help is fine, in my opinion.

In Alberta and BC, pit toilets and outhouses (big hole in the ground, you can see everyone's poo piled up in the bottom, if you can't hold your breath long enough then you might not make it out alive) are always there and you get used to them.

This is all part of the camping experience. It isn't real camping when you have real toilets!

Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

I don't think this would be too awkward unless you decided to mention you are the one who clogged it. Telling the staff the bathroom needs help is fine, in my opinion.

Not awkward. Try it, then come back and say it isn't.

Guest_Pegasus1234
Guest_Pegasus1234
1,276 posts
Farmer

I couldn't find the original video, but this thread reminds me of this amazing gas station toilet ^^

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I really don't have a problem with public restrooms. It's gonna be nasty because it is a room for nasty stuff. But I feel like it could be a lot worse. I'm very grateful to have a toilet that just flushes waste away. I could live in a country where you have a hole in the ground and a couple of leaves on a good day.

I don't really understand people who have a problem with using them. If you really cared about germs that much then you wouldn't use public computers where people's hands have been god knows where. Your butt is in pants or shorts all day long, and really doesn't do much to get tons of germs or bacteria on your skin because your butt doesn't come into contact with anything except cloth. Your hands however, touch everything. I will never flush the toilet with my hands, I usually just kick it down. But anyways, people don't seem to have any problems with opening doors or touching things in stores. Doing that is more likely to get you sick than going to use a public restroom.

Maybe it's just the negative connotation that comes with urinating and "going #2" as the kids say. Maybe people just don't feel comfortable doing something like that where other people are present.

Saphire24
Saphire24
3,114 posts
Scribe

I think they are fine, as long as there are enough of them. Moon is right, the amount of germs on some stuff is gross, but public toilets are really clean. (Mostly)

Showing 31-36 of 36