ForumsNews and FeedbackAuthentification before being redirected?

9 4036
snickersimba
snickersimba
5 posts
Farmer

Whats going on? I went to go play a few games on armor games, but there was this odd white page before it redirected me five seconds later, theres a banner saying greetings all. We're aware of issues on armor games and are working hard to resolve the problem. What problem? Why isn't there a link in the banner to tell people whats going on? Ferret, did you roll a natural one on your common sense check?

• 9 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Was it the cloudflare page? I've been getting redirected too, and yeah it'd be nice if there was link for the problem, I can't seem to figure it out either.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Our hamsters are being suspicious right now, sorry

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Well, from what I know, it's the forums, if not part of the whole problem. The forums were acting up a few days a go until now. They wouldn't update the most recent users who posted on the threads. It's working on the main page, not the sub-forums though. It's better than what happened when it all started, the pages wouldn't even show. Though Ferret already mentioned that they are working on it, so we should trust in the AG team to figure it out!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Well, from what I know, it's the forums,

It's not just the forums, this is a different problem altogether from the forums thing. I know this because the Cloud thing happened to me on the main page and while looking at user's profiles.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I also forgot to mention that the problem isn't around anymore it seems.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

What problem? Why isn't there a link in the banner to tell people whats going on? Ferret, did you roll a natural one on your common sense check?

The banner give you all informartions you need, they know about a problem, and they are working on it, thats the important part.
Create a link to a new page where they lay down/explain the problem mean they lost time to work on the problem (and only if they know whats going on, otherwise they could only mention "we try to identify the problem"... not the best idea). Not to mention they have to do it in a easy to understand diction then.
Also have in mind that it is maybe an attack from outside, nondisclosure is mistly the better option than.

yielee
yielee
618 posts
Shepherd

I thought it was just an advertisement for Cloudflare.

snickersimba
snickersimba
5 posts
Farmer

Well, you guys haven't told me what was going on at all, you assume I am some form of a wizard who can instantly read your minds. No, I cannot, just tell me what the **** was going on and be done with it.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

When the website is under threat, there is higher security hamsters with tiny swords in place to protect people being able to play. Once the threat is over, hamsters will return to their day jobs.

In other words, Cloudflare is helping protect us against DDOS attacks.

Showing 1-9 of 9