ForumsForum GamesRPG - The battle for Vandea Signup thread

22 7543
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

2020. In the capital city of Vandea of the newly formed country, Neubian Democracy, anarchy is a part of the people's lives. Madmen run through the streets performing sacrifices, brutal enforcers kill every living being they find and corruption has spread to every corner of the city. Enter the struggle for control of Vandea as an important agent of one of the organizations fighting for the domination of the city

Evil Factions

The Destroyer Cult
A cult of heretics that believes in dark gods. Selfish, dark, evil, mad and secretive, this cult will do anything to achieve the power that comes through the domination of Vandea.

Weapons: Pistol and Knife
Hostile to: The Marked of Chaos, the New Order, The Liberators
Friendly to: The Blood Disciples
Purpose: Ultimate sacrifice of the population of Vandea and control of the power that comes as a reward from the gods
Notes:
+ Practitioners of sorcery. Can use powerful spells to turn the tide of battle
+ Lightweight gear allows them to move fast and stealthily
+ Alliance with the blood disciples
+ Pistol can be used as a close combat weapon, but its shots cause less damage (damage: 10)
- Only light armor
- less training than other factions' soldiers

The Marked of Chaos
A powerful paramilitary organization, the marked of Chaos, are dedicated to one thing: Ultimate, Glorious Carnage. They exist to destroy everyone and everything in their path.

Weapons: Light Machine Gun, grenade and brass knuckle
Hostile to: EVERYONE!
Friendly to: none
Purpose: The destruction of Vandea and the death of the leaders of the other factions
Notes:
+ Medium armor allows them to take more punishment
+ Light machinegun gives them supreme firepower and an advantage in firefights. More shots, can suppress enemies but it is less accurate and slow to reload
+ Supreme training gives them professional accuracy and decent hand-to-hand combat skills
+ Equipped with grenades; can destroy certain types of cover, cause massive damage and kill enemies in cover
- Hostile to eveyone
- Bulky; Cannot easily move stealthily and is slow

The Blood Disciples
This organization is sworn to ripping the life from every living thing in Vandea. Bloodthirsty warriors who excel in close combat, the blood Disciples crave the adrenaline and entertainment only battle can offer them.

Weapons: Sword and Axe
Hostile to: The Marked of Chaos, The New Order, The Liberators.
Friendly to: The Destroyer Cult
Purpose: Spread anarchy to every corner of Vandea; transform it into an eternal gladiatorial arena.
Notes:
+ Extremely powerful in close combat!
+ Toughened up through training to withstand a massive amount of punishment despite their light armor
+ Can move very fast
+ Allied to the Destroyer Cult
+ Can sneak easily
- Absolutely no ranged combat capabilities

Neutral Faction
The New Order
A powerful force who entered the fight for Vandea with the goal to reestablish order and stop the killing spree of the villainous factions terrorizing the people. However, their use of brute force and their total lack of remorse indicates something sinister...

Weapon: Flamethrower, grenade
Hostile to: The Destroyer Cult, The marked of Chaos, the Blood Disciples, The Ascendants
Friendly to: The Liberators
Purpose: To assassinate the leaders of the villainous factions and rebuild Vandea.
Notes:
+ Steel armor allows them to withstand the greatest amount of damage (Armor type: heavy)
+ Flamethrower ignores certain types of low cover and terrorizes enemies
+ Supreme combat training
+ Equipped with grenades
- Bulky
- Flamethrower is a short range weapon

Good Factions
The Liberators
Perhaps the only force that can rival the marked of Chaos in not only strength but also will, the Liberators are sworn to lead the people of Vandea to freedom.
Weapons: Light Machinegun and Knife
Friendly to: The New Order, The Observers
Hostile to: the marked of Chaos, The blood Disciples, the Destroyer Cult, the Ascendants
Purpose: To absolutely liberate Vandea.
Notes:
+ Medium armor
+ Advanced training gives them excellent accuracy and close combat techniques
+ Light Machinegun gives them an edge in firefights. More powerful, more shots, can suppress enemies but it is less accurate and slow to reload
- Bulky; Less stealthy and slow

The Observers
An elite government agency, nicknamed "The Observers" is starting its operations in Vandea. Its agents infiltrate the other factions and keep track of the situation in the city until they have gathered enough intel to summon the military.

Item: Lockpicking set, camera
Friendly to: The liberators
Hostile to: None.
Purpose: Find enough intel on the leaders of the villainous factions to summon the army and restore order in Vandea.
Notes:
+ Extremely lightweight. Can move faster and be more quiet than anyone else
+ Won't be specifically targeted by other factions.
+ Allied with the Liberators
+ Ability to use disguises
- Starts with absolutely no ranged combat capabilities

Non Playable Faction:
The Ascendants
Currently in control of the largest district of Vandea, the Ascendants organize death matches for entertainment. Cruel and anarchic, but also wealthy and powerful, they are the leaders of organized crime in Vandea.

Name: (Whatever you want. Try to make it consistent though :P)
Age: (From 22 to 32. The older the more experienced. The younger the more healthy. it will affect the choices you get.)
Bio: (A short story of your character's life and why the character chose this particular faction. It will also affect the choices you get)
Faction: (Whatever you choose)
Weapons: (Your weapons)
Items: (Everything else. Grenades are items as well)
Perks: (We'll cover this now)

Every Faction has 5 perks available. Choose 2 of them at the beginning.

Marked of Chaos:
Lust of Carnage: You are given more violent choices and start with an extra grenade
Strength: Affects close combat hits. (close combat damage: +5) Also allows you to open doors without generating a lot of noise (i.e. without firing your weapon)
Accuracy: Affects your accuracy in combat. ("To Hit" Rolls: +1) Greater chance to cause critical hits as well (Critical hit rolls: +1).
Heavy Armor: Upgrades your armor (armor type: Heavy) in combat and adds 10 to your total health
AP Rounds: Shots cause more damage in ranged combat (Damage: + 10), can penetrate certain types of armor and even some light cover!
The destroyer Cult

Agility: You move faster and have a greater chance of avoiding hits in close combat (Enemy "to hit" close combat rolls: -1).
Stealth: You move more silently
Bloodlust: You are given more bloody choices.
Blood Magic: Special magical spell that allows you to drain an enemy's health (Damage 20) and refill a portion of your own (50% of enemy damage). Upgradeable later on.
Concealed weapons: You can conceal your weapons

The blood Disciples
Strength
Speed: You can run fast enough to cheat death (When running: enemy "to hit" rolls in ranged combat: -1)
Combos: You attack more ferociously. (+ 1 sword attacks in close combat)
Axe Mastery: Attacks with the axe are more likely to wound an opponent (axe "to hit" rolls in close combat: + 1) and cause more damage ( Axe damage: +10)
Sword Mastery: Attacks with the sword are more likely to wound an opponent (sword "to hit" rolls in close combat: + 1) and cause more damage ( Sword damage: +10)

The New Order
Pyromaniac: More burning choices. Skilled with the flamethrower. More accuracy ( in ranged combat: +1 hits) and greater chance to cause critical hits (critical hit rolls: +1)
Vitality: You add an extra 20 to your maximum health.
Steel Body: Armor further upgraded to be the toughest available (armor type: Super-Heavy)!
Advanced training: Move faster and carry an extra grenade
Strength

The Liberators
Accuracy
Heavy Armor
Strength
Medical training: Start with a First Aid Kit
Vitality
The Observers
Medical Traning
Stealth
Speed
Concealed Items: The ability to conceal your items and any weapons you might have taken
Scavenger: A keen eye on finding weapons and useful items

Health: (This is the DEFAULT health. Any perk that changes the max health is not counted here. You will have to post the changed health in your character sheet, not this one, if for example you picked Vitality)

125/125 for the liberators
125/125 for the marked of Chaos
100/100 for the Destroyer cult
130/130 for the blood disciples
90/90 for the Observers
145/145 for the New Order

Purpose: 0/20 for the liberators
0/30 for the marked of Chaos
0/20 for the destroyer cult
0/20 for the blood disciples
0/15 for the Observers
0/25 for the New Order

Purpose is your ultimate goal. To earn purpose, you must complete the quests of your faction. Purpose is a meter showing how close you are to winning the game. If you finally achieve the purpose required before anyone else, you win the game (Other players keep playing though if they wish. To compete for the second place).

Sorcery: (This is exclusive to the destroyer cult. Choose one spell)

Crimson Flames: Launch a fireball to your opponents. Works like an incendiary grenade (Grenade but sets things on fire and terrorizes your opponents)
Bloody air: Like the smoke grenades, extremely dense dark red air is released, hiding you from mortal eyes. (All ranged "to hit" rolls against you while in the field: - 2). Also allows you to leave combat or hide from enemies
Heal: heal 15 of your health.

You will be given choices for your sorcery when you are able to use it. Also, later on, more spells will be available as well as some upgrades for the existing ones.

Profile Example

Name: Klaus Strasse
Bio: He lost his parents at the age of 12. He wanted to take revenge on the world so he joined the Marked of Chaos to achieve this.
Faction: Marked of Chaos
Weapons: Light Machine gun, brass knuckle
Items: Grenade (x2)
Skills: Lust of Carnage, strength.
Health: 100/100
Purpose:0/35

Notes: I'll be posting the combat mechanics in another post. Do not underestimate any faction. They are all equally able to achieve their goal. And also, everyone, this is the signup thread. You signup and create your characters here. I will explain how combat works in the actual thread. Also, I don't have a limit for the number of players as of now. So feel free to signup as long as they are open! Sorry for the huge post.

Signed Up:
- @Darkfire45
- @Loop_Stratos
- @JACKinbigletters

• 22 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Ominion
Bio: Wishes for everything needed to have peace. Will do anything required for it, for unknown reasons.
Faction: The Liberators
Weapons: Light Machine gun, Knife
Items: -
Skills: Accuracy, Heavy Armor
Health: 125/125
Purpose:0/20

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Loop_Stratos. That is good. Since you picked Heavy Armor, you need to change your health to 135/135.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Ominion
Bio: Wishes for everything needed to have peace. Will do anything required for it, for unknown reasons.
Weapons: Light Machine gun, Knife
Skills: Accuracy, Heavy Armor
Health: 135/135
Purpose: 0/20

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I will join after I compress the walls of text into my brain.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I will join after I compress the walls of text into my brain.

lol. He could bold more things and use more strips, serious.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Name: Archwez
Bio: His family was part of the cult and were murdered by The liberators. He barely managed to escape but swore revenge upon those who slaughtered his family.
Faction: The destroyer cult
Weapons: Pistol, Knife
Perks: Bloodlust, Blood Magic
Sorcery: Crimson Flames
Health: 100/100

Also, who are the strangers? Are they supposed to be the observers?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Sorry about those. I'll fix them right now!

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@Darkfire45, @Loop_Stratos. I've fixed them. Made the post easier to read (as much as I can) Just waiting for a few more players. I am also adding your names to the signups.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Mind if I play two characters? The orders are interesting and I'd like to play more then one, I'd like to play three, but I think that's a little much don't you?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

I have no problem with two characters. You can play two but not three, it would be too much...

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

I do agree.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Create them and I'll sign you up...

Also @Darkfire45, @Loop_Stratos and @JACKinbigletters. If you haven't already, you can familiarize yourselves with the rules in the actual thread:

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

]

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name: Markus.
Bio: Militarily trained in survival, a lone wolf who was trained to complete one-man operations deep behind enemy lines, bringing nothing with him besides a knife and a radio he would be sent into the wilds of Russia, Brazil, Australia, Africa to survive. From the radio he would have a support squad of a medic, a tech-analyst and his CO to give him new orders. He was primarily on black op missions, where your own government would "forget" about your existence if you were captured or killed. He was taken on loan to the government from the army and trained into counter-intelligence and intelligence gathering. His previous training made him one of the best. He was permanently moved into the government after the army publicly "disbanded" his unit.
Faction: The Observers.
Weapons: N/A
Items: Lock-picks, camera
Perks: Scavenger, Stealth.
Health 90/90
Purpose: 0/15

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Corax
Bio: A child soldier he was beaten into a soldiers boots, he went AWOL from his unit and ran from the army he was part of. He drifted for a few years until he was picked up by another army who seemed to know more about his past then he did. After much persuasion he joined them and fought with them.
Weapons: LMG and knife
Items: N/A
Perks: Heavy armor, Vitality.
Health: 125/125

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

JACK, I have signed you up

Showing 1-15 of 22