ForumsForum GamesCorrupted Isles; Economy based forum game by yours truly <3 oh, and its kickstarter.

0 2666
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Story so far:
The land was once beautiful and lush, full of trees, plenty of exotic animals, civilization has not been warring for many many years. On this land, which was a somewhat large island (Bout half the size of the U.S, in case you really need to know), a volcano lay in the center. In this dormant volcano was rumored that an EVIL sorceress was living there, doing things evil sorceresses do. In truth, it was actually an alchemist, which is different but often confused, who lived in the volcano.
One day, while the Alchemist was asleep from self-testing a sleep potion (gg) her apprentice decided to become the next Einstein and mixed two HIGHLY RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS together, which caused the volcano to erupt a large amount of radioactive dust that covered the land and many Kilometers into the sea. For 15 years, no one could step a foot outside without becoming Corrupted* and turning into a viscous beast. But now, as many years have passed, The good news is here that the air is breathable enough to allow basic travel! To this news, many people rush to the exits, wanting to see the sun again, will you?

Corrupted - Being exposed to heavy amounts of radiation has turned these things feral and have mutated them beyond belief.

In this RPG your goal is to survive, thrive, and if your lucky create a nation to unite the land. Every 'turn' (day) stuff happens, a king could claim his throne, a merchant could go bankrupt, a ship could arrive and save everyone, you never know, but the world is always changing and evolving. Craftmasters will require experience in their craft to make better items, and they level the same as any player would: Making stuff from that trade. You must eat and drink at least once every day in order to survive (Based on Central time, at 6 PM if I can), but almost all beasts are nigh impossible to defeat. Death will make you lose everything not equipped and a large portion of XP. There are many different things to learn and explain, one day you might be safe and sound in a town and the next that town may turn against you, your favorite hunting partner could have vanished, Bandits could massacre everyone you know and love...

Note that I have not implied all the different features or whatnot, but keep in mind this is a large game that i've been working on for at least a week, which is a long time for a forum game, and I have accomplished a lot of behind the scene things.

This is, of course, a kickstart thread. In the real thread, I wont post all these. I hope to have quite a few joiners and if were super duper lucky and my brother is out for a long time i can get on this computer and make the game <3

Combat and the likes: Combat will be: player/enemy/etc until only one thing is alive. If you or your enemies Est. HP lower below their threshold, your proficiency will lower dramatically. You do not have a set HP on your sheet, but you have a status which will display its estimated amount. Scratched is 90-, Pain is 80-, Hurt is 60-, Badly hurt 30-, Dying 10-, Panicky Threshold-. After battles, you can skin your fallen enemies (If their animals) and receive meat, and skin depending on your tanning skill (and other precious stuff if the thing has more than just skin, Elephant Ivory, Wolves Teeth, Deer heart, etc).

Oh, heres the character sheet:

Name:
Allegiance: Free
Fame: Nobody
-------------------------
Inventory (5/10kg):
Wineskin 4/5 (+4 Water) 1.4kg
Bread (+3 Food) 0.6kg
Leather Clothes (+2 Armor) 3kg
-------------------------
Skills (25 XP) (when distributing skills, just put a +# next to the skill)
Melee 0
Ranged 0
Alchemy 0
Sorcery 0
Luck 0
Talk 0
Knives 0
Swords 0
Mace 0
Hammer 0
Axe 0
Spear 0
Bow 0
Musket 0
Pistol 0
Lumbering 0
Tanning 0
Baking 0
Cooking 0
Hunting 0
Stealth 0
Threshold 85
Scavenging 0
Smith 0
(More skills will be added in the game later)
--------------------------
Industries/Armies:
Amount of Industries: 0

And, last but not least, a brief desc on skills.
Any skills meant toward a weapon gives 1% per upgrade, max 100
Melee, Ranged, Alchemy, Sorcery, Luck and Talk are the 5 main skills. They help with everything
Craft Skills require a minimum level of 1 to use.
Threshold goes down instead of up. If your Est. Health goes below the threshold, your battle proficiency will go down dramatically

There, thats enough info for one post session, may make more stuff later, may not, may wait until game is out, but please, join if you'd like, I love having lots of players <3

• 0 Replies
Showing 1-0 of 0