ForumsWEPRCorporate Strategy vs Government Legality

1 5601
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Many are well aware of Hillary Clinton running for president in 2016, and in some discussions I have had with my friends they have stated certain issues they had with Hillary Clinton. A particular issue, one that interested me, was her involvement of corporations and banks.

A particular issue my friend had, an issue I'd like to get into, is the corporate evasion of taxes as stated here in this Huffington Post Article. An enterprise that is primarily focuses around obtaining money and distributing this money to channels they so please, and still follows the law "technically", a corporation can have a lot of power. Obama's reaction to such a strategy is "I don't care if it's legal, it's wrong", and "cherry-picking the rules". Obama may be displeased about this, but Hillary may not.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Hillary will, similarly to Obama, share the disdain for corporate evasion of taxes? Do you think such a thing will change? Do you think government will act against corporations using the law to their advantage?

• 1 Reply
waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

What are your thoughts? Do you think Hillary will, similarly to Obama, share the disdain for corporate evasion of taxes? Do you think such a thing will change? Do you think government will act against corporations using the law to their advantage?

Lol, no.

But seriously, I can't see this changing in the near future. When these corporations are as deep in politicians pockets as they are now, I can't see any piece of legislation coming out of congress that would change anything. Especially when the House and Senate have different majority parties.

Showing 1-1 of 1