ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Unity Issues

14 5254
dkomo
dkomo
9 posts
Blacksmith

Over the past two weeks the unity program for games on the site comes up with an error - invalid data file, data file is corrupt (Not a Unity Web Player file). I have cleared by browsing history and reloaded the unity program to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks

• 14 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@dkomo Could you give me an example of a game? I would test with another browser as well, see if you get the same error which may give you a clue...

dkomo
dkomo
9 posts
Blacksmith

The game is AdVenture Capitalist. Tried the game on Kongrate and Mini Clip and it worked. I was really close to finally finishing the game on your site.
Thanks

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@dkomo Were you able to test it in another browser and see if it's busted in both? I'm able to play the game on my side.

dkomo
dkomo
9 posts
Blacksmith

Google Chrome worked and it loaded however all saved data was gone.

dkomo
dkomo
9 posts
Blacksmith

It won't load under internet explorer

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@dkomo Is it possible your save game corrupted? I'm not sure how quite to fix that.

You could test a Privacy window in Internet Explorer? Clearing cache... Hmm.... maybe disabling add-ons or privacy software. It's strange to me it works in chrome but not IE.

dkomo
dkomo
9 posts
Blacksmith

Cleared the cache and reinstalled unity a number of times. There are other people stating the same issue on the post under the game title.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@dkomo I don't see anything recently, and all testing I've done shows it works. The fact that it's working on Chrome, but not IE - tell me it's likely something with that browser. I've posted on the game to see if others are having issues...

Could you get me a screenshot of the exact error?

dkomo
dkomo
9 posts
Blacksmith

I have it captured but how to I get it here?

dkomo
dkomo
9 posts
Blacksmith

I posted the screen shot to the game discussion board.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@dkomo Interesting. That looks like inside the game, did you try contacting the support e-mail that's associated the game page? Maybe they would have a better idea. I'll see tomorrow if I can find out anything that would cause it on our side, but I have my doubts.

dkomo
dkomo
9 posts
Blacksmith

Have before will again. Thanks for your help.

dkomo
dkomo
9 posts
Blacksmith

Ferret

Got this from Hippo Games. Unfortunately it didn't work. Any ideas?

dkomo

Thanks for writing in! It looks like your AdCap saved data might have been corrupted. AdCap progress is stored with your computer's player preferences; if you'd like to try deleting those and starting over, I believe this might help you out:

http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/PlayerPrefs.html

I've included a screenshot of the folder you want to find and delete. Also, once you get that sorted out, please let me know and I'll send you a code to get your previous Angel Investor progress back.

Take care,

Ryan

Attachment(s)
AdCapPlayerPrefs.png

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@dkomo Continue to talk with them. I don't believe there is anything Armor can do on our end here.

Showing 1-14 of 14