ForumsArt, Music, and WritingYou Dress up for a Funeral in Valentines Day (Story)

2 4131
SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Chapter 1

Tommy got up from the bed, unwrapping the arms around him. It was cold from the open window across the room. It was dark. Where did he stumble to now?
You could see the city lights from the bed to the window, and that was the only light coming into the dark room.
The cars below were passing by, but the silence when they weren't was eating him alive.
The room felt familiar, but he couldn't quite put his mind to figuring out where the hell he was.
He smelled terrible, but it was now a normal thing to smell terrible, and to feel terrible. He put on his polo shirt, leaving the two top buttons opened the way he liked it, and tucked it into his black pants, proceeding to put on his black leather belt. Next on the routine was walking towards the lights underneath the door to go outside of what he guessed was someone's apartment. He got closer and closer to it. Not stumbling or making a sound. As he reached the end, he took his suit jacket from the coat hanger next to the door, he remembers that, at least. He checked his pockets, everything was there.
He opened the door, and realized he was right, he was at an apartment. As he walked down the white hallway intoxicated. As he continued, which felt like walking up and down a mountain which couldn't decide it's own steepness, the door behind him opened.
"Where are you going?"
"You don't even know my name." Tommy replied, without looking back. He turned right, where the elevators were.
Everything in this place looked brand new, from the white tiles on the ground, to the elevators, to the button that directed the elevators to down. He pressed it, metal and cold, lighting up orange. It was bright as hell, and pierced his eyes like a knife.
As the elevator doors opened, the voice behind him spoke. "You're cold-hearted".
Tommy didn't mind, it was normal, after-all, what did she expect from him?
He freshened up as the elevator went down. Fixing his collars and sleeves. Tying the laces on his brown leather shoes, and fully tucking in his polo.
The elevator made him feel like he was weightless. The flickering lights made him see shadows of people who weren't there at all. He closed his eyes, and let the music in his head play, but from smooth rock guitars and smooth low pitched voices, he started to hear low growling like voices in his head. The blues turned into metal and he could feel himself choking. He lost his breathe, and he was sweating enough to make it feel like a sauna in the elevator.
Within a fraction of a second, the music stopped, he opened his eyes to the ringing in his ears, he screamed, but couldn't hear it over the high pitched sound in his ears. The elevator was getting smaller and smaller, and he was being swallowed by his own anxiety.
He fell on his knees, and as the elevators opened for the ground floor, he threw up.

• 2 Replies
Frank_Frooton
Frank_Frooton
4,002 posts
Bard

Hmm. Alright, but I don't get why you make a new thread for each thing you write. Don't you have a "Legend's stories and poems and stuffz" thread? I thought I saw somewhere, but nvm.
Pretty good, though it's short for a whole chapter.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

I decided to make a new thread for this one because it's going to be a whole story itself. That other thread is mainly for stories without chapters and that can stand on their own.

Each chapter will be short. Though, there will be many.

Showing 1-2 of 2