ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Disqus

10 2640
nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

On my profile by the "Nivlac724" at the messages it shows a little red bubble with a "1" in it as normal when someone responds to a comment by me. But when I click it it asks me to log into disqus. I don't have a disqus account yet AG uses disqus for comments so did I automatically make an account when I joined AG or what?

• 10 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Your Armor Games account comes with a Disqus account.

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

So to log in I just use my AG username and password?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@nivlac724 This seems to be happening to several people, and I'm starting to wonder if it's a new update for an add-on or browser.

Could you do me a favor, could you list me all the add-ons, firewalls or privacy software you're using? What browser are you using? Could you also test in another browser?

nivlac724
nivlac724
2,555 posts
Shepherd

I use safari, I tried firefox and it worked fine.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@nivlac724 Something is wrong with the browser then, hard to troubleshoot that sadly. Glad it's workin on FireFox though.

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

That behaviour comes and goes:
Firefox: very seldom
Seamonkey: always
Chrome: only one times, but I don't use chrome for comments usually
All browsers with ABP+ (deactivating is no option)

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I can confirm that this is an issue with Safari and Disqus.

FatherMannix
FatherMannix
7 posts
Nomad

It very seldom happens to me on SeaMonkey, but Disqus exhibits rather random behavior all the same. It rather tends to log you out (of the Disqus comments) after a while. So, nivlac724, if you reload, can you successfully click through the notification bubble then?

Of course, that doesn't help when it asks you to log in to reply to a comment, when reloading causes the comment to disappear for some hours.

Also nice how attached images automatically display now. @@

bilboCGL
"All browsers with ABP+ (deactivating is no option)"

Have you ever tried surgically curating you ad-blocking rather than subscribing to lists? Doesn't cause me a problem and I rather tend to block annoying things which will never have me as a customer anyway. (Although it's nice to disable sometimes to support your favorite sites.)

bilboCGL
bilboCGL
323 posts
Peasant

Have you ever tried surgically curating you ad-blocking rather than subscribing to lists?

With my standard browser (SM), I use element hiding helper, the other browsers have just the lists...
And supporting - here on AG I've spent some money, on some other pages I use the amazon partner program, but advertising - bad as an image even worse with flash - I do not want to see it and I'd never click intentionally on it... Sorry. I'd rather pay for content than watching ads!
Erile
Erile
488 posts
Chancellor

That behaviour comes and goes:
Firefox: very seldom
All browsers with ABP+ (deactivating is no option)

Many people report the problems in firefox (including myself), and many people find that the problems are independent of ad-blocker (for some people it works fine).

Have you ever tried surgically curating you ad-blocking rather than subscribing to lists? Doesn't cause me a problem and I rather tend to block annoying things which will never have me as a customer anyway. (Although it's nice to disable sometimes to support your favorite sites.)

Numerous people have reported this doesn't help unfortunately.

Showing 1-10 of 10