ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Abuse?

8 1790
syanure
syanure
6 posts
Jester

My comments were deleted twice for non-english-language.
Is this barely legal?
Got screenshots as proof if needed.

Extract from therms and conditions:

5. RULES OF CONDUCT

a.) Your use of the Site is subject to all applicable local, state, national laws and regulations and, in some cases, INTERNATIONAL TREATIES.
• violate any laws, regulations ...

• 8 Replies
ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

You can find the comments rules in here: http://armorgames.com/page/Commenting-Rules
Hope that helps.

Rule #1 - This is an English website, so all comments must be written in English. Any game comments written in a language other than English may be removed without notice. Non-English messages may be left on user profiles only after you determine that the recipient of your message can communicate in that other language. Writing messages in an alternate language to bypass our profanity filters or will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

syanure
syanure
6 posts
Jester

Ofc i searched for that kind of rule before create this topic.
Stills unexistant in the Terms and Conditions i agreed on submitting.

ChapZ
ChapZ
2,136 posts
Duke

@Ferret can give you more information about this.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I'm not sure why English use hasn't been added to the list of rules yet, but it is a must. You are able to speak with users in another language if you both communicate it, but in public comments like in flash games and the forums, you have to post in English.

Rule 5a means what you do on the site is under jurisdiction of [Country Here], US, and UN law. What this means is that what you do has to abide by your country's laws, then it has to abide by the US's laws, since ArmorGames is headquartered there.

We're not necessarily forbidding other languages from being spoken here, just limiting where it can be spoken.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I can confirm Rule #1. Please post in English when posting in public sections of the website. :]

Here is the link to the rule:

http://armorgames.com/page/Commenting-Rules

5. RULES OF CONDUCT

a.) Your use of the Site is subject to all applicable local, state, national laws and regulations and, in some cases, INTERNATIONAL TREATIES.
• violate any laws, regulations ...

The rule you are quoting is basically saying that you cannot use this website for illegal activities such as; selling drugs, defaming someone (libel), distributing viruses and other malware, and other illegal activities. Also, the rule is saying you must abide by U.S.A. laws and the laws of the country you reside in.

syanure
syanure
6 posts
Jester

Gotcha then. I don't think US aren't concerned by expression's liberty and human rights basics, as we both were the very first countries to sign it.

There is the only reason this isn't mentionned.

Some dozen people were killed recently in my country because they trusted in it, have to mention that to explain how i feel at the moment.

But nvm, just said what i have to say.
I wont make more bruise for a few comments.

syanure
syanure
6 posts
Jester

Thanks for link then. I will stop whinning.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@syanure Here is the reality, if we can't understand what your saying - we don't know if your breaking site rules. You could be offering to sell drugs, adult services, or harassing other users (who are often as young as 13) and we'd not know. This is the main reason for us sticking to English on the site.

As far as human rights, it's a private website. You agree to the commenting rules when you post here.

Showing 1-8 of 8