ForumsWEPRTelevision

10 5358
WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

I know there is just one lyric but do you agree?

it'll definitely be more fruitful! Instead of leaving it all to guesswork!

Yeah, sorry.

Today, in this politicall runed world, everyone has his (hers) own opinion about everything but is it clear? Everyday we watch or listen to Tv, net, radio(maybe not so much), and other medias and than I must stop, and ask this question. Isn't are opinion to much influenced by this medias? Is our judgement right? clear? And now if we are questioning our judgement who can help us clear it if we now that today everyone has aces to this medias?

• 10 Replies
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, @WHDH - is this a song and, if so, what's the lyric?

231terminator
231terminator
87 posts
Nomad

since this topics at the top, i guess i will ask what this is about as well

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If I could read the OP's mind, I could answer but since I don't possess this power, I can't answer a question I don't understand.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I keep seeing this thread on the main page and think that the OP has been more clearly stated. So maybe let's stop posting here until WHDH can explain further.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I feel like this is the part of the Rooster Teeth Podcast where Gavin says something dumb and Gus has to translate. (any rooster teeth fans in here?)
I think there was a particular lyric in a song that criticizes television, but without the lyric, I can't give an opinion

WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

The page keepes erasing the edit I made because before u couldn't see the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWYVgSvouDs

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Well, I listened to the song, (It's the wonderfully imaginative and droning Television Rules the Nation by Daft Punk for the lazy ones), but I don't quite understand the purpose of the topic at hand, or the reason why you want to bring it up?

Do you feel that television has had too much of a maligned influence on our lives? Does it turn us into lazy, withering couch potatoes? Perhaps, it's because our youth might be easily influenced by unwanted, negative reality/violent programs? Or, maybe you brought it up because you felt that the government has too much control over the media and hence by extension, what the populace thinks?

If you could be more specific as to the reason why you want to start a discussion here, it'll definitely be more fruitful! Instead of leaving it all to guesswork!

WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

it'll definitely be more fruitful! Instead of leaving it all to guesswork!

Yeah, sorry.

Today, in this politicall runed world, everyone has his (hers) own opinion about everything but is it clear? Everyday we watch or listen to Tv, net, radio(maybe not so much), and other medias and than I must stop, and ask this question. Isn't our opinion to much influenced by this medias? Is our judgement right? clear? And now if we are questioning our judgement who can help us clear it if we now that today everyone has aces to this medias?

FunnyaxeRealm
FunnyaxeRealm
10 posts
Nomad

Isn't our opinion to much influenced by this medias?

Yeah, this is pretty sad honestly. Your opinion should be solely your opinion, you shouldn't be under the idea of something that isn't real/doesn't make sense, it just doesn't add up to good things.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Yeah, this is pretty sad honestly. Your opinion should be solely your opinion, you shouldn't be under the idea of something that isn't real/doesn't make sense, it just doesn't add up to good things.

On the other hand, you have to form an opinion on a subject by getting knowledgeable on the subject; an opinion doesn't appear out of thin air. We are co-responsible to inform ourselves correctly about important topics and not to be content only by what the media feed us. The media may not necessarily be flat-out lying, nor even have a manipulative agenda, but simply be one-sided or low-quality information.
Besides, I would like to point out that politics has always played a role in our society, and manipulation is definitely not a new phenomenon. Nowadays we have access to more information, and more diverse one. Manipulation and misinformation is still around and is certainly more subtle, but ultimately I don't think that the situation is so dramatically different nowadays.
Showing 1-10 of 10