ForumsPopular MediaFormula One Season 2015.

36 19745
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Well here we are.
Mercedes is still way ahead of everyone else, Alonso left Ferrari for McLaren, Ferrari seems to be equal to Williams now and McLaren is last with Marussia who's not even running on this GP.

Poor Fernando got screwed once again.

Vettel is now with Ferrari, and Toro Rosso has two 12 yo drivers. xD
RedBull seems to be having reliability issues, otherwise I think we'll see a three team battle for 3rd place on the podium.

This should be a very interesting season if we forget about Mercedes being way ahead of the rest.

This year's calendar features 20 races so more fun for us.

• 36 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Then you must surely know about how Schumi helped Jos Verstappen back in the days to become one of the fittest drivers in F1 along with Hakkinen...

I actually didn't see the podium ceremony due to lack of time, so I'll take your word on the thropies. Well, it's Bahrein... money is no issue!

This also reminds me of editing my post! I seem to have written China and Shanghai, instead of China and Bahrein... doh! *facepalms*

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@SSTG There... fixed my typos!

Also using a second post for your callout. Forgot it in the previous post and editing one in an already submitted post won't send you a notification...

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Also using a second post for your callout. Forgot it in the previous post and editing one in an already submitted post won't send you a notification...

What? ----` O//
Often when I edit a post, my urls don't work so I create another post, I guess I didn't need to do it this time, sorry.
WHDH
WHDH
168 posts
Shepherd

Mercedes will win the season again and Ferrari will be second. I think that there will be a fight between Hamilton an Vettel but Hamilton will win because of bolide not because of skill. But it is interasting to see younger drivers like Hulkenberg and Botas.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

OMG, OMG! Hamilton lead the race practically until the end when Verstapen tried to overtake Grojean but crashed into his car and finished in the tire barrier. The virtual safety car appeared and the Mercedes team called Hamilton into the pit, thinking they had enough time to change his tires. When he came out, Rosberg and Vettel were ahead of him and he finished third.

Talk about screwing up your own driver!
Since the race was on NBC (the incompetent network), I didn't see the podium and the interviews and for some reasons, the formula 1 site hasn't posted anything yet.

I can't wait to watch it later tonight on the other network.

Time for a conspiracy theory! Did the German team favored their German driver after signing Hamilton for a 3 year ($150 million) contract?

Jenson Button finished 8th and scored 2 points for McLaren while poor Alonso didn't finish the race.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Wait, you had TO PAY TO SEE THIS IN THE PAST? WE WATCH IT FOR FREE!

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

WHAT THE...?!

The 2015 Monaco GP turned out to be a total deception for me personally...

Where I was thrilled to see Hamilton finally beat Rosberg off of the F-1 Monaco throne, it turned out his very own team screwed him over and practically gave the win to his teammate on a silver platter! Cherry on top! Man...
Lewis then bashing into the #3 spot signing at the end of the victory lap said it all... I too would be pissed if I were him and knowing his attitude, I'm expecting him to surely raise hell about it within the Mercedes team about this. Shame that Rosberg wins again... I can't stand his smug personality. If they were to be put into equal cars, he would never be able to win any race... LOL

Ahem... talk about not liking someone... what about Grosjean?! This guy has an ego the size of Everest!! Granted, Max Verstappen was taking a big risk by driving so close to the cars in front of him, but I've reviewed the crash footage over and over and over and it's clearly Grosjean who's lifting earlier than usual at the end of the straight before the turn!! Verstappen reacted surprisingly quick by hitting the brakes straight away, which caused his right rear to lock up and made his car propell in a straight line right into the back of Grosjean's car, then head-on into the wall...
Grosjean then went on the radio and in response to his team's statement that Verstappen crashed into him, he said that "He is a ****... this action, that was stupid!"... I mean... REALLY?!

Someone please boot this idiot from F-1... please, pretty please with a cherry on top! I really don't know why this numb-nuts is still behind the wheel in this sport... that's what's stupid if you ask me!

As for Vettel? Awesome drive! Clean and at the maximum of his car's ability! Well done!

The Red Bulls did a conservative, yet good job by finishing both cars this time around! Allthough I would have called it true chivalry from Ricciardo (and the RB Team for that matter), if he would have given back the position he gained by nudging Raikkonen off the main line, allmost into the wall. I wonder if there's going to be consequences involved for him on this after the race... I'd have to check.

What a real shame for Alonso when he had to retire with braking problems indeed, but fortunately Button made the most of the team's strenght and made it to the finish whole.
I have a gut feeling that Button is a bit more conservative with braking than Alonso is, who seems to be juuusst a little more agressive on the brakes, which may be too much for the system causing them to fail in the end...

Let's just call it and say it's time to forget this complete deception for me and move on by looking forward to a thrilling weekend at the Canadian GP! Always a guaranteed show there! Whoop whoop!!

Oh! Remembering the callout this time... @SSTG Heheh...

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

NO REALLY?!?!?!

You've GOT to be kidding me...

Verstappen given five place grid penalty

Am I really in check for a pair of glasses here? Or is this a complete wrong result of the crash in Monaco between Verstappen and Grosjean?!?! Someone please tell me it's the latter...

Edit during typing: At least someone seems to make sense and is not afraid to speak his mind! None other than Mika Hakkinen said it was a bad decision to penalty Verstappen!! Kiitos (thank you) Mika!!
Hakkinen: Verstappen penalty unfair...

Oh... and another 'older' driver has faallen off his pedistole in my opinion...
Massa hits out at dangerous Verstappen
Felipe... shut your yap if you can not watch a review properly, please...

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Speaking of Williams, I think that Red bull is coming fast and will steal 3rd place in the team championship.

I also agree with you about Grosjean, he should have been the one penalized for the accident. He is the French version of Kobayashi. I'm glad these two aren't together at a race, they'd quickly turn the race into a smashing derby for sure.

I can't wait for the Montreal GP. Being born in Montreal, I spent a lot of time riding my bike on this circuit and I know it pretty well. Even though it is situated on an island, it's very accessible by subway, car and bicycle.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

It was another successful practice 2 in Montreal and the stands were full of people until it started raining heavily which cut the session short.

Hamilton hit the tire barrier while trying on intermediary tires which were NOT the right choice. He did some aquaplaning then boom! The hit didn't look that hard but when the crew started pulling the car off the barrier, it hit the crane.

Anyway, we'll know more about it tomorrow.

philimaster
philimaster
491 posts
Peasant

for me this season is pretty boring. It is clear either rosberg or hamilton will win. F1 has lost it's allure...

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

for me this season is pretty boring. It is clear either rosberg or hamilton will win. F1 has lost it's allure...

Also, the engines and k.e.r.s units makes it too complicated for most fans.

A couple years ago RedBull dominated and now it's Mercedes so yeah, It's boring to watch.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Tragic news... I just read that Formula 1 has lost yet another talented person; Jules Bianchi died from his fatal head injury he got in Japan with his crash against the marshall truck... his family announced the news that he died in a hospital in Nice... R.I.P. Jules... bon voyage et merci!

@SSTG

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Tragic news... I just read that Formula 1 has lost yet another talented person; Jules Bianchi died from his fatal head injury he got in Japan with his crash against the marshall truck... his family announced the news that he died in a hospital in Nice... R.I.P. Jules... bon voyage et merci!

Oops, I reported your message by mistake, sorry! I need more sleep, it's the second time I do it. Yeah it's really sad, he was too young to die like this.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@SSTG No problem man... it happens more than you know! Especially when users browse the AG website from their phone... (read: yours truly) Heheh...

I have to be honest though... I didn't expect him to bounce back from this severe injury... I was amazed how Schumi didn't die from his'! Still haven't heard anything new on that either now that I mention it...

Well, no news is good news then!

Showing 16-30 of 36