ForumsForum GamesSingle Minded Remake (Criminal RPG)

471 122224
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

In 2115, a group of scientists got together to create superpowers for the world. They created these superpowers in the form of chips, which could be injected into a person's body and they could do anything from shooting fire, to lifting boulders the size of trucks. However despite the scientists being straight A students, they thought it was a good idea to ship them on trucks and give them away. Oh how wrong they were.

---

An armored truck drives down the highway towards Topeka, Kansas with two people in front, a driver and a passenger. Both of them have pistols, the passenger cradles a shotgun in his hands.

"We're almost there." Sighs the driver. "Finally."

The passenger chuckles. "Once we get to Topeka, first thing we do when we're finished unloading is to relax in a hotel room."

"I'll definitely agree to that." Smiles the driver.

Two miles down the road, the low tire pressure light pops up on the dashboard and the truck slows to a stop.

"I'll go and check the problem." Groans the driver.

The driver checks the front tires, then as he gets to the back tires, he notices the passenger side tire to be flat. What's even more noticeable is that a round hole on the side of the tire goes straight through and into the other back tire.

The driver inspects the hole. "What made this?"

Footsteps are suddenly heard behind him, he turns around for a brief second before he gets shot between the shoulder blades.

The passenger in the truck hears the gunshot and comes out to see a person in an exosuit, holding a pistol in hand. The exosuit's U shaped visor glows a brilliant green. On it's back is a sheathed katana and what seems to be a jet pack. There's a camera lens inside the forehead of the helmet.

The passenger immediately fires the shotgun which prooves to be ineffective as the exosuited person quickly rolls under the truck. The passenger looks under the truck, seeing nothing, but is stabbed in the back with the katana moments later as the mysterious robot person jumps from the top of the truck.

The passenger coughs blood, his shotgun drops from his hands. He then falls to the ground, staring at his murderer as the life drains from his eyes.

The exoskeleton person then goes over to the back of the truck and opens it, revealing shelves of power chips.

The next day, news crews are surrounding the truck, nothing but the dead bodies of the driver and victim were found. The shelves had been stripped of their chips.

35 years later...
---

Welcome to the remake of Single Minded! The year you will be placed in is 2140, it'll be a bit advanced technology wise but not too advanced to the point we all have hover cars or anything like that.

In Single Minded you are criminal, for whatever reason is decided by you. Your objective is to kill the one that causes you trouble. Whoever that is, will be a mystery until a certain point in the game.

This game is also a free-roam RPG on Earth, where the things you can do are endless. You could also meet other players in the game.

When in combat, you will use a 1d6. Damage is decided on the roll times your power's level.

Rules

With a game like this, there are some rules to come with it.

1. Don't be a jerk to other players or me.
2. Don't change things in your character sheet unless I forget to add something.
3. Don't argue with me if something doesn't go your way.

Character Sheet:

Name: (anything you want)
Bio: (Your character's story) (If you have nothing then you will have amnesia)
Looks: (Your hair color, skin color, etc.)
-----
Power 1: (Level 1)
Power 2: (Level 1)
-----
XP: 0/10
HP: 100/100
-----
Clothing: N/A
Inventory: N/A
Allies: N/A

List of powers

Fire Manipulation (Control fire, immune to fire)
Earth Manipulation (Control earth, dirt, rocks, etc)
Water Manipulation (Control water, can breathe underwater)
Plant Manipulation (Control plants)
Weather Manipulation (Control the weather)
Ice Manipulation (Can freeze things, can also make it 'snow' from the body)
Animal Manipulation (Can control animals)
Teleporting (It will teleport longer distances each time it levels up. It's also a good defense in combat)
Speed: (Can run very fast)
Telekinesis (Can move things withthe mind)
Mind control(The higher the level, the longer the person stays mind controlled Ex: Level 1 is control for 1 turn, etc)
Super strength (Extremely strong)
Shadow manipulation (Controls shadows)
Animal Instincts(Sight, hearing, reacting, etc are that of an animal's)
Intangibility(able to pass through matter)
Invisibility (Cannot use other powers while invisible)
Gravity manipulation (Controls the flow of gravity)
Technology Manipulation (Controls technology)
Friction Manipulation(Can control the friction of your body, can basically slide to unlimited distances.)
Weapon Proficiency(can change a weapon. Changing a weapon will take up a turn. Weapon is more powerful each level up.)
Sanity Manipulation (Controls the emotions of people)

Choosing a Beginning

Choose from this list for a beginning. If you don't choose, I will roll for what you get.

1. You've lost someone and you're going to save them, no matter what the cost.
2. You're an ex-soldier, betrayed by the military and left to die. All you want is revenge on the person who set you up.
3. You're an average person living a normal life, when you accidentally discover you have powers. Now you're being hunted, and you want to know why (although that isn't particularly criminal).
4. You're a long-time gang member and you just a threat from someone from another gang (or a threat from the gang). Time to take action.
5. You're a career thief/hacker/assassin/etc and you're just been offered the deal of a lifetime from an anonymous person.
6. You're a new prisoner, being sentenced for an amount of time in prison. No one has escaped this prison, but you're about to change that.

Hope you guys have fun.

Also, if it seems that I'm getting slow at doing this RPG, smack me.

Players will be able to get a third power by random. They won't get it right away however.

Greg7077: Ball Projection

Trigon123: Crystallokinetic Constructs

Philip:Razor Foot

Nivlac724: Steel Mimicry

Gogotank has Abjuration

etg2002 has Psionic Combat

gringrant: Spiritual Blade Construction

Shoeminor: Support Powers

sasukemystery: Hydrokinetic Combat

• 471 Replies
RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

Name: Jack
Bio: I remember nothing but my name Jack. Can't remember my last name. the rest is a blank (amnesia)
Looks: Snow white hair, and pale skin. 5ft, 10in. left eye bright green right eye dark blue
-----
Power 1:Ice Manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2:Teleporting (Level 1)
-----
XP: 6/10
-----
Inventory: aluminum bat(level 1)

I walk over to the cat and reach down to pick it up. "Well now how'd you get here? Coulda swore I shut that door." I say to the cat while picking it up. "Huh guess your just really smart aren't you?"

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Name: Rico Hoshi-Samual Jonathan
Bio:see p4
Looks: Red hair,white eyes,fair skin with cuts
-----
Power 1:Water Manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2:Telekinesis (Level 1)
-----
-----
Clothing: Leaflet armor

As you float to the bottom you do indeed find volcanic air vents and crabs. However you also find a whole pile of aluminum cans. It seems people have polluted here before.
---

Name: Res
Bio: A normal worker working on a research center that works for the military. He isn't the best, but does most things done. He sometimes does a little bit of engineering when needed.
Looks: Average Height, White skinned, Blue eyes, Black, short hair
-----
Power 1: Teleporting
Power 2: Technology Manipulation
-----
-----

You teleport to your little office. However, it's probably best you not stay there as Quinton may eventually find out and come running for you.
---

Name: Eliakith
Bio: Believed to be trained as an assassin since he was young, this enigma is known to eliminate high profile targets.
Looks: Dark brown hair, agile build, can carry 80 pounds (a little less then half his weight).
-----
Power 1: Shadow manipulation
Power 2: Gravity manipulation
-----
HP: 90/100
-----
Clothing: Black, embossed robe.
Inventory: Dagger, rifle, and staff.
Allies: Chad O'Hern (hacker)

The sportsman clears his throat. "Well, I was just enjoying a pizza when I saw this beautiful woman and I went up to talk to her-"

"Talk to me!?" Shouts the mic woman. "You came over and grabed my boobs you pervert!"

He scoffs. "Don't believe her. Women are always telling lies."
---

Name: Gogo

Bio: Gogo used to be a regular guy until he was suddenly kidnapped by some strangers that kept telling that he's "another one". He managed to escape with his newly discovered powers and started trying to search more people with powers like him.

Looks: Thin and tall with light brown hair and blue eyes.
-----
Power 1: Fire Manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2: Mind Control (Level 1)
-----
-----
Inventory: Pistol

He puts a finger to his chin as he thinks. "Well I really came to try out these powers, so I'm not a prisoner. However, going wherever you're going could bring some interesting adventures." He smiles with his eyes closed. "Sure, why not?"
---

Name: Engi
Bio: Born into a family of engineers, Engi learned quickly how to construct, disassemble, and repair computers at age 8. age 12, he built his first robot. age 15, graduate of high school robotics. age 18, grad of college. age 19 was drafted into the army for 2 years, until he built spy robots, which the military believed were part of a conspiracy, and then tried to execute Engi with a firing squad. Engi escaped before he was killed. age 22 and 7 months. today.
Looks: white(from natural color, not age) hair, 4 shades paler than normal skin, dark grey eyes, with, for a unknown reason, a mark etched in his skin.
(mark is a backwards D combined with a E. backwards D with three lines like a E.) (location of mark? forearm. the D part facing forward like a bullet.)
-----
Power 1:technology manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2:gravity manipulation (Level 1)
-----
XP: 2/10
-----
Inventory: LMG[29/200]

He pounds a fist in his hand. "Great! So first things first. What is the man's name who you believe is hunting you?"
---

Name: Spider
Bio: Amnesiac
Looks: Slight, short, dark brown hair, pale skin, blue eyes, bespectacled.
-----
Power 1:Technology Manipulation (Level 1)
Power 2: Intangibility (Level 1)
-----
XP: 3/10
HP: 91/100
-----
Inventory: Ipad, pistol[6/12](level 1), ice cream bar

You successfully hot wire the car.

"I wouldn't be too sure about me failing." You see a blur zip past and stop right behind you. When you look behind, you notice him there. "I'm not sure if you can tell but I'm pretty fast."
---

Name: Angel
Bio: Luck(pg 30) and I seem to have a...complicated relationship, most of the time Luck hates me. It shows now more then ever since I'm being hunted.
Looks: About 6 Foot 2 Inches, African American, Black Pixie Haircut, Brown Eyes
-----
Power 1: Sanity Manipulation (Level 1)
-----
-----
Allies: Luck(?)

"I don't know." Luck sighs. "I'm kind of hungry, though."
---

Bio: I remember nothing but my name Jack. Can't remember my last name. the rest is a blank (amnesia)
Looks: Snow white hair, and pale skin. 5ft, 10in. left eye bright green right eye dark blue
-----
-----
-----

Everyone looks at the cat curiously.

"Since when did you have a cat?" Asks Brock. "And how come I didn't notice it in your apartment this morning?"

RazorLash
RazorLash
442 posts
Peasant

-----
-----
-----

"Since last night. I found it outside your place and decided to keep it. And I'm pretty sure you saw it this morning before we left. Right? "

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

Bio: Gogo used to be a regular guy until he was suddenly kidnapped by some strangers that kept telling that he's "another one". He managed to escape with his newly discovered powers and started trying to search more people with powers like him.

-----
-----
-----

"Thank you! I owe you one! There is a window in the offices. Maybe we could leave from there."

I start to walk to the offices.

"By the way, you haven't told me your name. What is it?"

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

-----
-----
-----

Well this can`t all go to waste,can it?I`ll use it to make my very own home so I can have an almost endless supply of crabs and fish and a ventilated sea bed on the sea bed!

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

-----
-----
-----

Well that complicates things a bit. I slam the car into a hard reverse.

etg2002
etg2002
703 posts
Scribe

Bio: Born into a family of engineers, Engi learned quickly how to construct, disassemble, and repair computers at age 8. age 12, he built his first robot. age 15, graduate of high school robotics. age 18, grad of college. age 19 was drafted into the army for 2 years, until he built spy robots, which the military believed were part of a conspiracy, and then tried to execute Engi with a firing squad. Engi escaped before he was killed. age 22 and 7 months. today.
Looks: white(from natural color, not age) hair, 4 shades paler than normal skin, dark grey eyes, with, for a unknown reason, a mark etched in his skin.
(mark is a backwards D combined with a E. backwards D with three lines like a E.) (location of mark? forearm. the D part facing forward like a bullet.)
-----
-----
-----

his name is Saak. weird name, spanish or something like that,

CagedRager
CagedRager
23 posts
Nomad

Bio: Luck(pg 30) and I seem to have a...complicated relationship, most of the time Luck hates me. It shows now more then ever since I'm being hunted.
-----
-----
-----

(Quick Questions: Can I make up a place and a character since the story just started? If I can't then I do something else.)

"Me too. Let's head over Walter's Diner, I bet Walter* can help us out and get us something to eat." I say starting to pick myself up off the ground. "Besides, staying out here isn't the brightest idea in my mind."

*Walter is a dear friend of Luck. He is only in his late-30s but already lost a lot of his black hair. He is a tall individual and as a cheerful voice. He also owns his own diner is a quite part of the city that is open until 1:00 AM. He also used to be a cop until he got shot in his leg which took him off the force since he could run after criminals. He also always has a gun on stand-by.

CagedRager
CagedRager
23 posts
Nomad

Sorry just realized some typos on my description of Walter so here is the correct version:

Walter is a dear friend of Luck. He is only in his late-30s but already lost a lot of his black hair. He is a tall individual and as a cheerful voice. He also owns his own diner is a quite part of the city that is open until 12:00 AM. He also used to be a cop until he got shot in his leg which took him off the force since he couldn't chase criminals or drive. He also always has a gun on stand-by.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Bio: Believed to be trained as an assassin since he was young, this enigma is known to eliminate high profile targets.
Looks: Dark brown hair, agile build, can carry 80 pounds (a little less then half his weight).
-----
-----
-----

"Well then... Perverts make bad allies. Women who are ready to defend themselves make great ones. As such, I have made my choice." I say as I lift the shadows off of her eyes. I then concentrate on keeping the mans weapon down with my gravity. "He's wide open."

apldeap123
apldeap123
1,708 posts
Farmer

Name: Allan P.
Bio: I came from an upper middle class family, and received an education at a number of prestigious schools. I graduated college at the top of my class when I was 16, and when I was 20, started a firm that supplies industrial parts to manufacturers. However, I was unsatisfied with my current life and turned to a life of organized crime, joining a multinational smuggling ring. I use my business as a cover for my illicit dealings.

Looks: Black hair and eyes. Tanned skin. 5'9" tall. Of Filipino descent. Wears hipster glasses.
-----
Power 1: Super Strength (Level 1)
Power 2: Weapon Proficiency (Level 1)
-----
-----
Clothing: Black jeans, plaid button-up shirt, Vans
Inventory: knife, handgun, rope

'I'm not gonna risk getting arrested,' I say to myself. I leave the exhibit and try to locate the cafeteria and look for some glassware to put on the plate.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

-----
-----
-----

Brock ponders. "I guess I forgot."

"Oh, so you're the one who got the cat."

Everyone turns to the end of the alleyway where a woman stands. She has short red hair, a green sweatshirt, jeans, and tan boots. However the most interesting thing is her eyes, the iris in her eyes are purple and there's more of her iris than any other viewable part of her eye.

"You better hold onto that cat. It may save your life one day." She concludes.
---

-----
-----
-----
Allies: Seven

"I was never given a real name." He says. "However I usually use Seven when getting a hotel room."
---

-----
-----
-----

You make your home out of aluminum cans and start to attract fish and crabs. However, because of the presence of so many fish and crabs, there's also some sharks.
---

-----
-----
-----

You slam it in reverse and accidentally hit the speedster.

"Oww my leg!" He shouts. "Just you wait, I'll hunt you down along with other people."
---

-----
-----
-----

"Alright, I'll keep that in mind." He says. "Do you remember where you last saw him?"
---

-----
-----
-----

(Sure)

Luck smiles. "That'd be great."

You both arrive at Walter's Diner. You hear the crackling of fries in the fryer as you enter the diner.

Walter sees you both. "Hey, how are my two favorite customers? Do you two need something to eat?"
---

-----
-----
-----

She smiles at the opportunity you've given her and picks up her microphone.

"W-wait." He says fear in his voice. "Maybe I can make it up to you?"

She stops for a moment. "And how would you do that?"

"Buy you lunch?" He suggests.

The woman gets angry. "You honestly think you can make-up your perverted actions with food?!"

Before the man can answer, the woman grabs her mic and screams into it. The man's limbs suddenly blow away into piles of blood. You hear screams from the customers that bothered to stay to watch the fight.

The woman sits down. "Thanks. I'm probably going to have to sit down for awhile before I go home."
---

Name: Allan P.
Bio: I came from an upper middle class family, and received an education at a number of prestigious schools. I graduated college at the top of my class when I was 16, and when I was 20, started a firm that supplies industrial parts to manufacturers. However, I was unsatisfied with my current life and turned to a life of organized crime, joining a multinational smuggling ring. I use my business as a cover for my illicit dealings.

Looks: Black hair and eyes. Tanned skin. 5'9" tall. Of Filipino descent. Wears hipster glasses.
-----
Power 1: Super Strength (Level 1)
Power 2: Weapon Proficiency (Level 1)
-----
-----
Clothing: Black jeans, plaid button-up shirt, Vans
Inventory: knife, handgun, rope

You look in the back and see a single glass and it's really dirty. Someone probably forgot to clean it.

Shoeminor
Shoeminor
912 posts
Blacksmith

-----
-----
-----

I could attempt to tame the sharks with half my fish share.
Then I would have bodyguards!

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

Name: Res
Bio: A normal worker working on a research center that works for the military. He isn't the best, but does most things done. He sometimes does a little bit of engineering when needed.
Looks: Average Height, White skinned, Blue eyes, Black, short hair
-----
Power 1: Teleporting
Power 2: Technology Manipulation
-----
-----

I try teleporting again.

(Probably would result in a failure)

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

-----
-----
-----
Allies: Seven

"Ok then, I'll propably call you like that too. I'll try peeking through the window to see if anyone is outside."

I peek through the empty window.

Showing 271-285 of 471