ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Can't Log In (Firefox)

37 7970
MissMajor
MissMajor
5 posts
Nomad

I'm posting this using Chrome (which I despise so **** much), but I can't even log in to AG on FireFox. I just downloaded and installed it last night (well, earlier this morning) and made it my default browser. I installed AdBlock Plus and have that running. I'd rather avoid uninstalling anything right now as FF is giving problems on other sites, and I'd rather not go through all the hell and trouble of re-customizing all my settings, which is like pulling teeth for me.

I'm using Windows 7, and AdBlock Plus is active on both FireFox and Chrome (something I'd really rather not disable, since I'm somewhat accident-prone and click on unwanted ads). What should I do?

• 37 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Juv3ntus1 What ad-ons are you using?

Juv3ntus1
Juv3ntus1
4 posts
Jester

FireShot, Acrobat, Shockwave Flash, Digital Persona Extension (disabled),
Unity Player.

Then there are irrelevant ones like Microsoft Office, but those above might have something to do with it.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Also you may try uninstalling Digital Persona Extension/FireShot, sometimes just having a plug-in will cause errors.

Juv3ntus1
Juv3ntus1
4 posts
Jester

@Ferret No, I can't login there. Every time I try to it refreshes the browser with my login info put in the text box, but it doesn't log me in.

I uninstalled Fireshot, but this problem occurred before I installed it initially. As for Digital Persona Extension, I don't see an uninstall button for it.

I can log in through Firefox's private window, but there are certain games that I play here where data doesn't save if I access the game through private mode. So I have to start a new game every single time : / it's incredibly frustrating!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Juv3ntus1 Are you running any other security/anti-virus/firewall software? Does this happen on IE or Chrome or just FireFox? If just Firefox you could consider re-installing the browser.

Juv3ntus1
Juv3ntus1
4 posts
Jester

@Ferret Not that I know of.

This does not happen on IE or Chrome or private browsing on Firefox. Just in regular browsing mode on Firefox.

I'll try the reinstall tonight and let you know. Thanks for looking into it.

Showing 31-37 of 37