ForumsProgramming ForumUnity Support ending in Chrome message on top of some games....

0 4958
Darkshine
Darkshine
1 posts
Jester

I would just like to point out that this message is mostly incorrect. What is happening with Google is that they are ending support of the NPAPI module which will affect Unity's API as it stands now. Although I cannot speak for Unity, and I have long been out of the developing game (no pun intended), my educated guess is that there will be an update from Unity once they have the details from Google of what will be supported instead of the NPAPI.

There may be a brief period where you must use Firefox to play Unity games via a port like this, but I am also going to take an educated guess that there will be some sort of 3rd party plug-in developed prior to a Unity re-vamp that allows you to continue to use Unity in Chrome once you install it.

As I type this it may already be in the works from Unity, and who knows, maybe it is already done. So you may want to remove the doomsday message, or change it to something like: Unity game not loading? Try Firefox or.. etc. etc. and then put a small "Why?" linking to Google's official announcement.

Just some food for thought.

• 0 Replies
Showing 1-0 of 0