ForumsProgramming Forum[AS3 OpenSource Library] Rethinking how to make flash games?

6 6279
GameCheetah
GameCheetah
4 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone. I'm currently developing a free open source AS3 library for rapid prototyping of flash games. Similar to FlashPunk but also with a UI for doing some of the tedious tasks like graphics/animation management. I recently (just yesterday) released version 1.2a and would be disturbingly delighted if you could check it out.

My site is at www.gamecheetah.net
Demos are at www.gamecheetah.net/demos
Click on the Developer button to see GameCheetah library in action!

Also I'm planning on working on a fighting flash game in my spare time, if you're an artist (maybe this is the wrong forum to post in) who would be interested in making a game with me please msg me. Thank you all for your interest

• 6 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Interesting library I'll take a deeper look into it when I get a chance.

GameCheetah
GameCheetah
4 posts
Nomad

Thanks yeah, let me know what you think!

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Have you considered creating your UI similar to what you would find in Flash? Something like a timeline, or layers. It might make the learning curve a bit easier.

GameCheetah
GameCheetah
4 posts
Nomad

Ah, that would be somewhat complicated... I'm only 1 person working on this and the timeline UI is too much for me to handle honestly. yeah... a lot of work, but I see your point...

I'm actually trying to hack out another game to further prove the concept, as there are a lot of competing libraries out there.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Well perhaps you might want to consider also adding audio library

But with my lack of game development experience the best thing I can think of figureout the target type of games and build around that then try to design a completely different game and compare them, see what they share and what they do not and go from there. Its like one of those Venn Diagrams you see in discrete mathematics...yaay set theories arrgh I suck at math so much.

GameCheetah
GameCheetah
4 posts
Nomad

My library was designed to do everything though. Yeah, an audio library would be a cool feature.

Showing 1-6 of 6