ForumsNews and FeedbackLet us choose our avatars

8 4786
Give_Us_Avatars
Give_Us_Avatars
1 posts
Nomad

Let us choose our avatars, not just pictures selected by the site that are either incredibly outlandish, or avatars able to be selected for the mere purpose of promoting games on the site.

It is understood that armtars exist to prevent users from uploading inappropriate imagery, but it would still be nice to be able to choose our own avatars, and have more freedom with avatar selection.

• 8 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

@Give_Us_Avatars Not currently planned, but thanks for the feedback.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@Give_Us_Avatars Well, this has actually been discussed many times, and you should lurk around the forums to find them. Though there is much more meaning to this than just avoiding inappropriate images. I feel like it's also tradition here.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Tradition for moderators to have unique armatars so no one to use!! Also mine.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Let us choose our avatars, not just pictures selected by the site [...]
You can do that already. There's just a few extra steps involved.

This thread just reminded me that I have my own personal armatar to upload, one never-before-seen armatar to finish, and another one that's still conceptual, and may or may not come to exist at some time in the near future.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

that are either incredibly outlandish

This is a medieval/fantasy themed website for your information. And I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we'd all rather look at the most, as you adorably put it, outlandish avatar available than some schmuck's stupid grin. And oh yeah, goes for everyone, not just him, so chill the hell out, mods.
dorukayhan
dorukayhan
1,318 posts
Bard

avatars able to be selected for the mere purpose of promoting games on the site

i think admins never thought that way

but it would still be nice to be able to choose our own avatars, and have more freedom with avatar selection

u can pick seasonal armatars to have a rare armatar in the future. it looks pretty cool, and if the armatar is rare enough and its other wearers are inactive u may make people remember that armatar whenever u're mentioned (example: me - though i have no idea which seasonal event was that, i just remember i got my account in the middle of that event)!

This is a medieval/fantasy themed website for your information.
  • the site logo is a shield and its name is "armor games"
  • unleasheduponmankind greets newcomers by saying "welcome to the kingdom of armoria"
  • the default armatar is a shield
  • there are like 10 shield armatars with different background colors

how i didn't notice that?

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

the site logo is a shield and its name is "armor games"
unleasheduponmankind greets newcomers by saying "welcome to the kingdom of armoria"
the default armatar is a shield
there are like 10 shield armatars with different background colors

My response remains the same. The theme of this site is not necessarily shields just because that's what the AG logo is. And also, how does the kingdom principle not apply to medieval fantasy in your mind. And so what if the default avatar is a shield? There are far more that feature fantasy beings like dwarves, dragons, elves, etc..

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Hey guys, this thread is about a year old, don't necro it. Like I said in my post when this wasn't a dead thread, this has been discussed many times, there are plenty reasons for why users shouldn't be allowed to have their own armatar.

Showing 1-8 of 8