ForumsPopular MediaJohn Hughes Films

1 4837
Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

John Hughes was an American film director, producer, and screenwriter. He directed or scripted some of the most successful comedy films of the 1980s and early 1990s

If you've seen Mr. Mom, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Some Kind of Wonderful, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, She's Having a Baby, The Great Outdoors, Uncle Buck, Only the Lonely, Curly Sue, Beethoven, Dennis the Menace, 101 Dalmatians, Flubber, the Home Alone series, National Lampoon's Vacation, or its sequels, European Vacation and Christmas Vacation, or any of the other movies listed under his filmography, you have seen at least one film in which John Hughes has written, directed, and/or produced.

Growing up, I saw a lot of these on VHS and later on DVD. I still watch them no matter how many times I've seen them, and am always looking for the ones I have not seen yet.

How many have you seen and what did you think of them?

• 1 Reply
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

I've seen about half of the ones you've mentioned, with bits and pieces of others, and Baby's Day Out, but that one was not one of his finest...

I saw Flubber and 101 Dalmatians when I was a kid in theaters, and I was practically falling out of my chair for both of them... watching them as an adult, I don't find them as funny, but they still hold up well for 90's family movies!

The Vacation movies are all great, and I love Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The rest that I have seen have also held up well over the years, and I can't say that I've seen one so far that I didn't like! Baby's Day Out even made me laugh a couple times... =)

Showing 1-1 of 1